Chapter 12 - "So I Can Show You Off To Them."

En başından başla

The full pink lips that kissed the hell out of me...

I lick my lips at the memory, feeling hot just at the thought of it.

"Um, excuse me." Alarice says all of a sudden, breaking me out of a trance.

"What?" I look at her quaking form in confusion, wondering why she's so wound up all of a sudden.

She doesn't reply, instead drops her fork on the plate with a loud clang. I think I see her fingers tremble, but she looks at me once with tight eyes, and I almost jump out of my skin when I see dark brown eyes in the place of light gold.

What the hell?

Before I can ask anything further, Alarice is out of her seat, bolting towards the door.

^^^

It's five now. We're supposed to meet the other couple at 6. And I've spent my entire day roaming around the house, playing games in my BB Priv, and even taking a 'siesta'—like my mum used to say—in the afternoon.

I haven't seen my fiancée all day.

So now, she's your 'Fiancée' instead of 'kidnapper'? My conscious mocks me,

I ignore him, burying my head into the throw pillow on the couch.

I hear the sound of footsteps and turn my head lazily to the side, resting it on the armrest.

It's Alarice.

And she's smiling at me like she didn't just freak out and run to her room in the morning.

"It's almost time! You need to get dressed!" She exclaims, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

I look at her, completely weirded out.

"Are you bipolar, or something?" I blurt, raising my brows in emphasis as I examine her huge smile.

She's always smiling.

And no matter how much I try, I can't find anything fake about it. It's like, the smile is always there on her face. Like, she was born with it or something.

I shake my head at myself at my stupidity.

"I had a severe case of vomiting." She announces with yet another grin, which I doubt anyone does while talking about their sickness, "I didn't think you wanted to see me puking into the toilet bowl all day." She tilts her head and shrugs, looking sincere.

Vomiting? Why does that sound like a lie to me?

I don't push it though.

"Okay." I sigh out. "Let's go," I nod in the direction of the second floor and she grins from ear to ear, clapping her hands excitedly as she bounds up the stars, her steps almost making her look like she's dancing. Her hair whips behind her in the air, a waterfall of dark chocolate.

I push away yet another urge to holler, 'Show off' and follow her, running up the stairs, taking them two at a time as well.

^^^

"Are you fûckin' kidding me?" I ask, looking at her walk-in-closet with wide eyes.

And when I say wide, I mean really wide.

"Nope." Alarice says, popping the 'p' and she skips ahead of me, walking to the end of the closet.

But I'm rooted to my place. My feet are cemented to the ground. And my jaw is touching the floor.