Chapter 12 - "So I Can Show You Off To Them."

Anders Larzelere's PoV:

Chapter 12 - "So, I Can Show You Off To Them."

"Same clothes? Again?" I exclaim, appraising her lean form adorned in a loose-fitted red shirt and dark wash jeans, as I enter the living room. She's lazily sprawled across one of the humungous sofas, her eyes flitting across the newspaper, as she scans through it.

"We look cute." Alarice looks at me up and down from above the paper, and shrugs. I roll my eyes and she smirks all of a sudden. Instantly, it reminds me of the 'incident-that-shall-not-be-named', which happened about 30 minutes ago.

I stifle the urge to blush, shaking me head with a smile instead.

"What've you got planned for today?" I query, curious, looking at her with slightly narrowed eyes.

Alarice chuckles and folds the newspaper, putting it back on the glass coffee table carelessly. She stands up, pulling down the hem of her shirt and stretching herself, arching her back slightly.

I quickly look away, before my eyes get glued to her.

"Oh. Nothing much." She makes a dismissal gesture with her hand, "Just a little Date." She smiles innocently at me, batting her lashes.

What?! Date?!

I glower at her, crossing my arms across my chest defiantly. "A date?" I repeat, looking at her suspiciously.

"Yep. Koy is coming too." Alarice smiles in delight, and the bad feeling in my stomach intensifies, letting me know that there's something seriously wrong with this situation.

"Who's this, 'Koy'?" I ask, dubious.

"Oh. Koy is my bes—I mean, ex-best friend!" Alarice informs, but something about the way she tells it in itself, doesn't sit well with me.

So Koy is the girl she's competing against?

"Her boyfriend, Raphael Volkov is also coming." She adds with an enthusiastic grin, making me look at her with confusion.

"So?"

"'So'?! You're asking me that? So, I can show you off to them!" She exclaims, widening her eyes and spreading her hands for emphasis.

I grimace. "I'm not a prize, you know?"

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it like that!" She apologizes profusely, looking alarmed.

I consider telling her that she actually kidnapped me like an item, giving no respect to my feelings whatsoever, but shove that thought away.

"It's fine." I say quickly, turning in the direction of the dining hall.

I can hear her sigh and follow me, "Anders, please. I didn't mean to sound that way!" She apologizes once again, placing a hand on my shoulder as she rushes to catch up with me.

I shrug her hand off. "Really—" She starts, but I turn around abruptly, interrupting her.

"Don't apologize. Tell me the plan." I interject and she shuts up, nodding quickly.

"Okay. We're meeting them at Hotel Missoni..."

We're sitting on two bar stools at the kitchen island, having our breakfast. I listen intently, paying rapt attention to her words, but somewhere along the way, my attention shifts to her lips.