Chapter 5 - "Practise, We Need To Do Lots Of It,"

Anders Larzelere's PoV:

Chapter 5 – "Practise, We Need To Do Lots Of It,"

"W-What the h-hell do you mean?" I blubber, completely flabbergasted and befuddled beyond comprehensible belief.

"Oh, you thought I was telling that for real? Ha! You wish. It will be a fake one." She declares, grinning down at me triumphantly.

"O-Oh," I splutter, blinking rapidly.

"Haha, I had you there for a moment, didn't I?" She smirks, and her eyes are twinkling with mirth with the victorious grin still etched onto her face.

I have a feeling that she will be smiling like that for a lot from now on.

"Y-Yeah," I mumble, still too shocked to move.

Marry her?! Like marry, marry?' Or just marry?!

"Like marry, marry." She replies my question, and I turn to her with yet another shocked expression.

"H-How?!"

"You were talking aloud, 'babe'," She mocks me by making air quotes, and my cheeks heat up in involuntary embarrassment.

Way to prove your macho-ness—if that's even a word—to a girl like her, Anders.

"I-I'm sorry about that. I'm normally not like that. It's just...you said you kidnapped me...and I flipped out. I don't degrade girls like that, I swear—"

She places her fingers on my lips, shushing me.

I freeze.

Because I can feel sparks,

And fucking tingles.

"I know. You don't have to explain,"

Anders, did you inhale nitrogen or something? Since when did you start hallucinating?!

"Oh,"

"Yeah..." She trails off and awkwardness descends in on us like a thick rain cloud.

Now, her position on top of me isn't helping in any way either.

"So...Why should I marry you?" I blurt out, trying to say something that would ease the awkward energy wrapping us.

"Oh. That's...that's because I want to win the competition."

"Competition?" I repeat, confused.

"Yeah...My friend and I—I mean, my ex-best friend and I, we have a...competition sort of thing going on between us, ever since she ditched me in high school for the Populars. Then again, I became the queen of them all after that, but that's another story for another day," she pauses, "last month, she found her Alp—I mean, CEO boyfriend, whom she's gonna marry next month. But, I want be the one to win this and be the first one to be married." She finishes in one breath, "And since you're the heir to the Larzelere Industries and I'm the heir to the DeVega industries, I think the two of us are a perfect match." She proclaims, grinning that 'I'm-so-gonna-win-this-one' grin again.

I look at her in surprise.

"I meant a fake one!" She corrects herself rapidly, and I nod slowly in reply.

Oh.

"Um..."

So basically, she's Mariano DeVega's only daughter — which explains the ultra-expensively decorated room — whom I've heard about several times in my life but never met before.