Chapter 2 - "Who Is This Angel?"

Anders Larzelere's PoV:

Chapter 2 – "Who Is This Angel?"

"Just like,

Animals, Animals, Animals..."

I sing under my breath along with the music — Maroon 5 — blasting through my earbuds, as I waltz around my house, making sure that all my things are packed.

It's finally time to go 'Home'.

I open the fridge one last time to check if it has been emptied as I'd told Melinda, the maid, to.

It's done.

Finally, I saunter back to the living room, and sigh when my eyes fall on the two packed bags. You know, the kind with wheels.

Gah, how I hate that darned town.

If it weren't for my Uncle, I would never go there again.

It holds memories. Memories that I can't afford to remember. And I'd give anything to not receive those pitiful looks all the people there give me.

I sigh and shake off those thoughts, walking to my bags. I extend their handles and pull them with me as I walk out of my empty house.

Goodbye, house. See you in two months.

I close the main door behind me and lock it, making sure to double check before I leave. I have also set the security system to lock everything down when I close the main door.

You'll never know what might happen to the house when I'm gone. Besides, abandoning a house as huge as this like putting on a huge board in front of the home, inviting thieves and robbers.

I walk to the love of my life, caressing her back softly as I near her.

Just kidding, I'm talking about my car.

I put my bags in the trunk, and make myself comfortable in the driver's seat, preparing myself for the 4 hour drive ahead.

Sigh, it will be a long two months.

•••

Here I am.

Nearing my Uncle's huge monstrosity of a house.

The house that I grew up in.

Just as my car comes close to the ginormous gates, the sensors recognise the chip attached to my car — not a tracking chip, just one to let the gates open on its own — and the gates slide open without a single 'creak'. I drive into the cement road-like path inside, and round the big statue of my Father in the middle, coming to a stop right in front of the main door.

I turn off the car, and wait in my seat.

Seconds later, the main door opens, and the familiar lanky man comes out.

Nothing about him has changed in the ten months I haven't seen him. His light blond hair is sprinkled with silver strands all over, and his tall form is adorned with his signature suit and tie. Wrinkles stretch the skin near his eyes and the corners of his mouth, as he gives me a tight smile.