XIV

april 19th, 2011

tatum

these days, weeks, and months at this cafe have been the best. dylan has this new boat load of confidence, and it's funny to watch at the cafe. i never thought this boy would make me smile again, but i was wrong.

marissa and i have decided to co-run the cafe instead of having me have my name on everything while it's equal help. i don't know what i would do without her. we do have our ups and downs, but without her i'd be without my other half and i don't plan on living like that ever.

~~~

it was time to close the cafe up for the night, and marissa went home earlier because i came back from my classes. i didn't even want to go home. the lights in the city and all of the stars in the sky were beautiful.

"it's beautiful isn't it"

i turn around to see a very attractive guy smiling. (derek klena above)

"huh - what?" i asked

"the stars, and the city. their beautiful aren't they?" he clarified

"oh right. yeah it is beautiful" i smiled

"oh i'm derek taylor" he said jutting out his hand

"tatum" i shook his hand "so where you headed?" i asked to be polite

"oh just walking around looking for a nice quiet cafe to think"

"well, your always welcome in my cafe. i opened it up about a year ago" i spoke pointing to the small cafe behind me

"really?" he said walking "i never knew that was here"

"yeah, well now you do" i laughed following him

it was silent, but not an uncomfortable silence.

"just to be a gentleman, i'll walk you home. how far?" he asked sweetly

"oh why thank you, and is just a couple blocks"

while walking we talked and laughed. i never knew i would have so much in common with a stranger. we were standing in front of my building and i said goodnight.

"well you can't get rid of me that easily" he laughed "i live in this same building"

"oh my god, really?" i laughed "what a coincidence"

we followed each other towards the elevator.

"what floor?" i asked

"5, you?"

"13"

the ride up was quiet. when the elevator dung, he stepped out and spoke "well, i guess i'll stop by your cafe sometime"

"yeah, anytime" i smiled watching the doors close.

once i arrived at my apartment, i opened up the door to see marissa passed out on the couch with the tv on and popcorn all over her. i couldn't help but laugh at her. being the best friend ever, i cleaned up the popcorn, turned off the tv, and carried her to her room.

"i deserve a reward" i said to myself

since it was about ten thirty, i decided to do my night routine. when i was brushing my teeth there was a knock at the door. making sure i didn't get any toothpaste anywhere in my apartment i traveled towards the door.

"yes?" i questioned opening the door

"hey, i just wanted to know if you wanted me to take your garbage?" dylan asked

"oh uh sure" i mumbled with my toothbrush still in my mouth. "come in"

i ran to the bathroom and rinsed my mouth. walking into the kitchen i gave him the garbage bags.

"thank you by the way" i said

"who was that you walked in with?" he asked not even listening to me

"what?" i asked

"the guy you walked in the building with?"

"what were you doing? watching me?" i asked putting my hands on my hips

"oh don't be so conceded" he rolled his eyes "i was walking in from going to the store and saw you two"

"oh, well he's just someone i met. why do you care anywhere" i asked

"oh - uh, no reason i just don't want you to get hurt"

i blushed "thanks" i smiled making eye contact

he chuckled "what?" i asked

"nothing" he said "i just missed your smile" i blushed

"see ya later dylan" i rolled my eyes closing the door

walking to my room, and laying down in my bed is the best part of my day.

===============================
vote⭐️
comment😋
love you babes💋