Chapter 8: What does he mean?

previous chapter: 

"I see you've came", a scary male voice whispered beside my ear as he trapped my legs, causing me to fall backwards

All I could think was "I need Baekhyun."

Chapter 8 : Missed Opportunities

Taeyeon's POV

I could feel that male's hot breath as he whispered in my ear. He catches me from behind bridal style as I fall backwards. 'I need Baekhyun, I really need him. I need...' 

"Baekhyun?!?"

I stood back on my feet and made sure I wasn't sick nor dizzy. It was really Baekhyun. "B-Baekhyun, what are you, why are you... How?" I stuttered. Baekhyun chuckled. "You were thinking of me all this while, right?" he asked with a grin on his face. Oh God how charming is that smile ugh I just wanna pinch his cheeks right now. 

"N-No! Why would I think of you? I was just on the way- Wait, why did you do that just now?" I tried to get my mind straight. Baekhyun started walking ahead of me. "I know you would've came out after I sent that text, so I waited outside. I was wishing you wouldn't turn into this dark street, but I guess you haven't learnt your lesson yet, so I decided to teach you one." Baekhyun said, his back still facing me as he walked in a faster pace than me. 

"That's... Ridiculous. Do you know how afraid I was? All I could think of is B-" I stopped. Baekhyun stopped walking and turned around to face me. He inched closer. "You thought of..?" Baekhyun stared into my eyes. His eyes were sparkling like the Milky Way oh my he's totally trying to seduce me.

The staring went on for like, forever. Until I broke the eye contact. My shoes were suddenly a very interesting object to stare at. "I thought of B- banana! Yes. I was so hungry, all I could think of was food heh, hehe, heh.." I laughed awkwardly and started walking away from him. I could hear him laugh from behind. I was mentally cursing myself. Kim Taeyeon are you out of your mind aigoo.

I bought a few cups of ramyun and was about to pay when he asked, "Yah, what are you gonna do with so many cups of that?" he looked at me as if I was insane. I proceeded to pass my money to the cashier. "I'll eat it all alone tonight." I said, eyes still focusing on the cups of ramyun the cashier put into the plastic bags. "Thank you, please come again!" the cute cashier said.

"All 3 of them?" Baekhyun asked as we walked out of the store. I turn to face him. "Yes, Mr. Byun. I am going to finish all these by myself. alone." I said before I started walking away from him. 

He catches up with me and grabs my wrist and I stop walking. "What?" I said. "Have you forgotten that we have a dance to practise?" he stared at me before pulling me to the direction of his house. 

The light bulb flashes. "But it's so late, wouldn't your family be sleeping?" I asked fearfully. "My family stays in another place." He said casually before placing his keys on the table, beside the sound system.

Feeling amazed, I accidentally blurted out, "Then anyone can stay here with you..." . Baekhyun turned towards me. "Oh shoot..." I said, while covering my mouth. Kim Taeyeon why are you so dumb? 

"You mean... You're thinking of spending the night with me?" Baekhyun smiled. Why is he smiling like that? "No no no, not like that!" I waved my hands infront of my face. "Why? What's the problem with that? I could sleep in another- Wait, are you thinking of-" Baekhyun crossed his hands on his body and looked at me as if I was a pervert. My face became so hot. "Oh? Your face is red, Taeyeon!" Baekhyun teased. I cupped my cheeks with the palms of both my hands. "W-who said so? It's just really hot in here, that's why-" Baekhyun gasped. "HOT?" he covered his mouth. "N-no! I didn't mean it like that!" I said, trying to clear the misunderstanding, but Baekhyun obviously isn't going to let me explain.

Readers' POV

"1 2 3 4, 5 6 7 8. Again with this part, I'm not used to using this hand yet" Baekhyun said. 

It has been around 2-3 hours since they've started dancing and they have no intention to stop at all. Until suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Who is it?" Baekhyun shouted, hoping that person would hear his voice. "Who would come at this time?" Taeyeon asked, curious of who in the world would go to a friend's house at 2am during a Saturday. "I'll go up and take a look." Baekhyun grabbed a towel to wipe his sweat and walked up the stairs. 

"Oh? Yah! What are you guys doing here?" Taeyeon could hear Baekhyun's voice from upstairs. Who might it be? Taeyeon thought. Baekhyun's footsteps got louder. Taeyeon stood up in case someone else arrives. "Oh! Kim Taeyeon-sshi!" 5 handsome guys pointed at Taeyeon. Taeyeon was too surprised, she couldn't say anything.

"Ey, don't be like that, greet us too!"  said. That brat. Taeyeon cursed under her breath.

"Oh Sehun, why are you so rude? Hello, I hope we're not disturbing." Chen bowed and made Sehun bow too. "Noona, right?" Kai asked, looking at Taeyeon. "Ah, it's okay, you can just call me Taeyeon." Taeyeon said. "Noona, what were you guys doing just now?" Sehun linked his arms with Taeyeon's. Baekhyun moved forward and pulled Sehun away. "Why are you so intimate?" Baekhyun asked, hands still holding Sehun's.

"Noona, are you really not going to tell them? I'm tired of acting now. Noona, please?" Sehun pouted and looked at Taeyeon with a sad face. "What's going on? What do you mean?" Kyungsoo and Kai started asking.

Taeyeon was flustered. "W-what?" she blurted out. "Taeyeon, what does Sehun mean?" Baekhyun held Taeyeon's shoulders. Taeyeon nervously played with the hem of her skirt.

You can do this, Kim Taeyeon.

Take a deep breath, you can do it.

"I- Sehun and I-"