Chapter 3: Couple shoes

Chapter 3 : Shopping time!

South Complex (Food court)

Taeyeon and BoA were having a decent lunch. "What made you reject my offer of going shopping just now?" BoA looked at Taeyeon. "My dad wanted me to go fishing with him." Taeyeon sighed. "Well, I guess I saved you eh?" BoA smirked. Taeyeon laughed her signature ahjumma laugh.

"Sister!" Baekbom raised his hand from afar. "Oh? They're here!" BoA rises from her seat. The other two brothers tagged along behind Baekbom, playing playfully. Taeyeon bowed and hugged Baekbom. "It has been about, 2 weeks since I've seen you, Taeyeon. Where have you been?" Baekbom pats Taeyeon's head. "I went for a seminar with my dad in Malaysia for about one week, then I came back. I don't know, I was doing my normal routine in school. You know, music, art, library..." Taeyeon spoke to both BoA and Baekbom. "Hyung, if we are so close to Taeyeon, how come I don't know her? " Baekhyun whispered to Heechul. "You were so busy in your previous school you rarely even slept at home. You always stayed at the school dorm, you won't even know if father is still alive." Heechul snickered. Baekhyun nudged Heechul's arm. "Yah, have you guys eaten yet?" BoA asks her brothers. "Nope, only Baekhyun ate in school. You know we don't eat cafeteria food." Baekbom replied his sister. "Hmmm, well then, I'll stay with you and Heechul for lunch. Taeyeon-ah, you go shopping with Baekhyun first, okay?" BoA smirked at Taeyeon. "Ah- No, it's okay, I'll wait for you, eonnie." Taeyeon said as she grabbed BoA's arms. BoA removes Taeyeon's hands that were grabbing tightly onto hers. She whispered, "Everything isn't gonna be awkward, trust me you'll enjoy it."

Sports X (sports for everyone)
Taeyeon and Baekhyun were looking for a pair of shoes. Sport shoes. "This shop is my favourite shop when it comes to sport shoes." Baekhyun tells Taeyeon. "Ahh- Ne~" Taeyeon says with much awkward-ness. Baekhyun hits her forehead. "Yah, don't be so awkward. Am I that handsome?" Baekhyun joked. Taeyeon giggled along. She suddenly remembered the "Baekhyun" counseling she got from Heechul earlier that day at the library in school.

Flashback
Library
"... If he hits your forehead, it means he is comfortable with you." Heechul continued. "What kind of body language is that ?" Taeyeon laughed. "Baekhyun language, I guess." Heechul rolled his eyes. "If he touches your chin, it means he thinks you're cute. If he brushes your hair, it means he likes you." Heechul told Taeyeon.
End of flashback.

"It means he's comfortable with me..." Taeyeon muttered to herself. "What did you say?" Baekhyun asked her. "Ah, nothing-" Taeyeon blushes. "How about this? Is this pair cool?" Baekhyun picks up a pair of sport shoes. Taeyeon nodded. "Hmmm how about this? Both of them are so nice!" Baekhyun whined. "Why don't you try both of them on and see? Sometimes shoes don't fit, you know?" Taeyeon smiles. "Are you saying my legs are not nice enough to fit any shoes?" Baekhyun pouts. "Ah-ah no! No at all! I'm just... It's just... Um..." Taeyeon doesn't know what to say. Baekhyun laughs "It's okay, I know you're just joking, right?" Taeyeon nodded innocently.

After trying on both pairs, Baekhyun decided to go for the black pair. "How much does this pair of shoes cost?" Baekhyun asked the sales attendant. "It's 800,000won sir. But if you buy it together with the female pair of this shoe, you will get a discount." The sales attendant smiles at Baekhyun. Couple shoes...? Baekhyun blushes at the thought. "Taeyeon-sshi, come over here!" Baekhyun hollered. Taeyeon walked over. "Taeyeon-sshi, what is your feet size?" Baekhyun asked her. "38.5." She answered. Oh shoot, I shouldn't have told him. It looks like he's trying to get me a new pair of shoes. Taeyeon thought in her head. "Try these on!" Baekhyun hands her a pair of sport shoes, the same design like the ones he was going to buy. Taeyeon didn't know about the couple shoes thingy so she tried them on. "Oh? They're a perfect fit! They look good on you, Taeyeon." Baekhyun showed Taeyeon a thumbs up. "Excuse me, can you pack these up? I'll take these along with my pair." Baekhyun told the sales attendant. Taeyeon seemed flustered. "Ah- No, it's okay, I've got a lot of shoes at home-" "This is my gift for you representing how happy I am to have met you." Baekhyun touched Taeyeon's chin. He... Touched my chin! It means he thinks I'm cute... Taeyeon was left speechless. Baekhyun went to pay for the shoes. "Sir, I have never seen her before, is she your girlfriend? She's very beautiful!" The sales attendant at the cashier said to Baekhyun. He chuckled. "I hope I can call her mine. Well, we'll see how it goes." He said, looking at the beautiful Taeyeon standing outside the shop, waiting for him.

"So, which class are you from?" Baekhyun continued their conversation in the cafe. Taeyeon took a sip from her americano. "Third class, 8th grade. Jeguk High. About to graduate next year." Taeyeon said. "Oh... Well, I'm in the first class, 8th grade too. And I hope to graduate next year too." Baekhyun smiled at Taeyeon.

"Oppa!" A voice was heard from behind the cafe. A girl in a pair of red high cut sneakers, skinny jeans and a cute crop top ran to Baekhyun. "Oppa, what a co-incidence to have met you here! How have you been? How's your new school? Does it have a gym there? Are there a lot of pretty girls there?..." the unknown girl continued asking questions continueously. Baekhyun pushed her away. "Oh, yeah nice to meet you here too, Hyun Joo. But as you see, I got a friend here and I'm not that free to answer your questions. So would you excuse us..." Baekhyun wanted to continue talking to Taeyeon. Taeyeon was dumbfounded. She wasn't quite sure of what to do. "Yah, Baekhyun oppa, how can you treat me like this? We were so loving before this, and now you treat me so coldly because of some ugly girl?" Hyun Joo shouted. The whole cafe was staring at them. Baekhyun felt embarassed. He bowed his head apologetically to the other customers in the cafe. He stood up. "Yah Oh Hyun Joo, can you keep it down? You're embarassing us. We can meet again next time. But now I don't really feel good about us meeting up." Baekhyun grabs his shopping bags and leaves with Taeyeon.

"Who is she?" Taeyeon asks. "She? Oh she's a friend of mine from my previous school." Baekhyun told Taeyeon while walking outside the mall. "Oh... Hyun Joo?" She muttered. "Ah- Yes, her name is Oh Hyun Joo." Baekhyun said. "Don't worry about her, she's just a little immature." Taeyeon nodded.

"Er, can I go to the washroom for a bit?" Taeyeon asked Baekhyun. "Yeah sure, after that, let's meet up with the others."

Who is Hyun Joo to him? Is he lying to me about her? Everything is so suspicious. Why did he not want to meet her?

Questions were spinning around Taeyeon's head when suddenly she bumped into somebody because she wasn't paying attention. The other person's things all dropped on the floor. "So sorry! I'm so so sorry!" Taeyeon apologised. "It- It's okay..." the girl replied. Taeyeon picked up her stuff and handed them to her. "Wait... You're..."
Taeyeon pointed.

"Are you... Third class, Kim... Taeyeon?" The girl in glasses asked.

And... That's probably how I end the chapter. I have no idea how to end the chapter because you know, I'm the worst author ever, I don't even deserve to be called an author TT... Okay so anyways, I'm sorry I dragged the time. It was mainly because I almost forgot about this whole thing and I didn't have any ideas of how to make this fic more interesting. Please show your supporg and share this around! Thanksssssss for reading this chappie! Look forward to the next!

-Author-nim 

(If you comment, you may be featured in the fic!)