My Best Friend's Brother

Chapter 1 - Selena's Pov:

*Phone Call*

"Mom, I'm fine! Everything's great here. How's Aunt Marie?" I spoke through the phone. 

"She's doing okay, not great but she's passing. Thank goodness they caught the cancer fast enough. Aunt Marie will be going into surgery in an hour to remove her right Kidney and we will see where it all takes us." She said with a hint of nervousness behind her voice.

My Aunt Marie meant so much to my mom. They may have fought now and then but in the end; they were always so close and told each other everything. Aunt Marie is all my mother has left of our family since their parent's (my grandparent's) passed away in a car accident.

"She will make it mom. Aunt Marie was always known as a fighter! She's strong...just like you." I said trying to ease the mood.

"you're right baby. Okay, I gotta go the nurse is here. I love you and be safe!" 

"I love you too and I will." I promised.

*End of Call*

---

After taking a shower; I grabbed a purple crop top, denim jeans and put some sandles on, I headed down stairs to get some breakfast. 

"look who's finally up!" Jazmyn cheerfully said.

"Jaz, it's 10 am. You act like I woke up in the afternoon. By the way, what smells so good?"

"I made bacon and eggs for everyone." She smiled.

"Yummy!" I shouted like a child.

Jazmyn was always a good cook. I never liked eggs but when she makes it, I do. Right now, she takes practicing classes to become a better cook and plans on going to college for Culinary Arts.

"I can't believe we have the house to ourselves for a MONTH!" Jazmyn shouted.

"Oh that's right. Your mom is on a business trip, but technically we aren't alone. Justin is also here."

"I know. I'm happy Justin and I get along...sometimes or else we probably would've ripped each others throats out by now." She said annoyed.

I just sat on the counter and laughed. Until I heard someone walking in the kitchen.

"What's so funny?" Justin asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Nothing..." I sing-sang.

"Yeah. Sureee, okay." Justin playfully said.

"I'm serious!" 

"I was just playin'. Calm down." He chuckled. I was about to say something back until I got cut off.

"How about you two stop flirting and start eating." Jazmyn said.

"We were so not flirting Jaz!" I denied.

"Yeah!" Justin agreed.

"You guys are something else." She laughed, setting our food on the table.

---

"Fredo, Chaz and Ryan are staying over this weekend. We're planning on having a BBQ and pool day." Justin said.

"That's great. We were planning on having Demi spend the night this weekend also!" Jazmyn cheered.

"So it all works out." I smiled.

{Author's Note: First Chapter to My Best Friend's Brother!! I was very nervous to post this, but I did it anyways and I'm proud! I hope you all like it! It would mean so much to me! I will post Chapter 2 tomorrow! By the way, Justin is 18 and Selena, Jazmyn are 17! Also, Demi is Selena and Jazmyn's close friend! Thank you guys so much for reading. Like, Comment, Share! <3 ;P}