An Indescent Proposal.

Summary:

Harry helps his best friend ask girl to prom, but things take a turn.

-------------------------------------

"Hazza! Haz! Prom tickets are on sale! Aren't you excited?!?" Louis exclaimed. Harry smiled at his best friend's excitement. Louis had been waiting for their senior prom for ages.

"Yeah, Lou. I'm pretty pumped," Harry said, but his tone of voice suggested otherwise. He was actually pretty sad about it. For years,  he had been dreaming of the day he could walk through the double doors of the gym and see the decorations of his senior prom with Louis on his arm. But, it was finally getting close to time, and Louis wasn't interested. They were friends to him; nothing more. It was disappointing how in love Harry was with him, but still not able to admit it. He pushed his thoughts aside and focused on the discussion at hand.

"So, I want to ask El to prom, you think she'd say yes?" Louis asked, nerves showing in his voice. "I mean, she's pretty, right? A nice girl. Mom would be proud of me if I took her, yeah?" Harry just listened to him ramble on about Eleanor. He was so fucking jealous of her; how into her Louis was, how beautiful she was to him. Harry had always been good looking, just not to Louis, and he knew it. It broke his heart, but he knew he had to hold back for the sake of Louis' happiness. He cared enough about him to realize that and be honest with himself. He smiled at Louis and nodded along.

"So, will you help me, Haz? I have this big proposal idea and I can't do it without help," Louis looked at him with a pleading grin. Harry, not able to say no to him, agreed. He parted ways with Louis for math class, but he couldn't concentrate on Pythagorean theorum when his best friend - the love of his life - was taking another to prom. It drove him insane knowing he couldn't be in Eleanor's place. He finally just asked to be excused and headed to the bathroom to think it out. Sinking down to the floor in the handicapped stall, he stuck his headphones in and started to sing at the top of his lungs. He felt the first of many hot tears roll down his face and he couldn't hold back anymore - he had to get this out of his system. After what seemed like an eternity, he heard someone knock on the stall door in between songs.

"Hey, you wanna open the door?" He heard a familiar voice say. He quickly wiped his eyes with his shirt sleeve and pulled his headphones out of his ears. He opened the door to Louis' flawless face mere centimeters away from his. "Hazza, what's wrong?" Louis pulled Harry's body into his and hugs him tight. "It's simple, just tell me. It's simple."

Harry shook his head. "Love's never simple, Lou," he said and walked out of the bathroom. Louis stood there, watching him go, utterly and completely confused by his best friend's un-simple breakdown. He shook his head and finally decided to follow him. He couldn't find Harry in the hallway, so he shrugged it off and went to class.

After school, Louis looked for Harry everywhere. He wanted to know what was bothering him so bad it hurt. He looked by their usual spot under the trees, but didn't find him there. He decided to walk home and try to figure out what could possibly be wrong with Harry. He liked to walk through the woods when he was thinking; the air, the green, it helped him clear his head and focus. But, he didn't expect to trip over Harry's feet on his way home. He looked down at the tall, so beautiful boy and smiled.

"Haz!" He exclaimed. "I looked for you everywhere! Come to my house so we can hang out." Harry nodded and pushed himself off the ground. The walk home was rather one-sided, as Harry didn't speak about anything; only Louis talked. He tried to keep the conversation going, but no matter how hard he tried to get Harry to say anything -even just one word - he failed miserably. When they finally crossed the threshold into Lou's living room, and found out his mom wasn't home from work yet, Louis caved.