Chapter 1: The Words- Part 1

Written: 2/5/16

Date: 2/5/16

Words: 1,210

~~~~~~~~~

Vikk's POV

"Dude, it's going to be ok." Simon, my best friend, told me. (Idk if that's true, but pretend, ok?)

"I don't know anymore, Simon. What happens if I'm a unique?" We were discussing the most important day of my life. Tomorrow. Tomorrow I would turn 16. Tomorrow my life would change. Forever.

"That rarely ever happens, Vikk. There are very few people that are a unique. And, if it does happen I'll still be your best friend. Remember that it doesn't change your life completely. It just means you might not be able to have a certain job. Plus, you would be alone. Forever."

I glared at him when he said that last part. "What?" He asked. "Being a unique means you'll be forever alone. It means you don't have a soulmate. That's ok. You'll still have friends and family."

"That's easy for you to say." I said, still glaring at him. "You already have your words."

Simon was 3 years older than me. But, we had been best friends since, well, I couldn't think of a time when we haven't been best friends. That also meant that Simon had already got his words because he was older than me.

Simon lifted up the right side of his shirt to show a set of words on his side. I was trying to be mad at him, but I had to laugh at the words. They made me laugh every time I saw them.

The words were written on his skin in black causal, neat writing. 'What the hell kind of a name is Simon?' It read. He glared at me because I started laughing harder.

"Shut up." He said putting the side of his shirt back down. "It doesn't matter what they say. It just matters that there is someone out there that is my soulmate. Even though I haven't met them yet."

I was still laughing. "Yeah, and that soulmate apparently hates your name."

He glared at me. "Just shut up already. You're missing the point. I'm trying to make you feel better. But, if you're just going to laugh at me, I'll leave."

I waited a few seconds for my laughter to die down before I responded. "Yeah, sorry. It's just funny. Plus, it's kind of weird that you haven't met them yet. I mean, you've had your words for 3 years."

"Yeah, but I'm sure it will happen soon." He told me smiling. "And, I can't wait to meet them."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I don't need to hear aboutall that sappy stuff."

Simon just looked at me. "When you get your words, Vikk, you will want to meet your soulmate, too."

I looked down. "If I even get my words." I mutter.

"Vikk. Look at me." I looked up at him. "I'm sure you will get your words. Now, relax, and let's play some GTA 5. That sound good?"

I smiled. "Yeah. It does."

~~~~~Time skip to the next day. Exactly 2 minutes before his 16th birthday~~~~~

I had locked myself in my room. I wanted to be the first one to read the words. Well, if I even got my words. I heard someone knock on my door.

"Let me in." Simon said.

I sighed. "No, I want to be alone when it happens."

"Just let me in."

"Fine." I walked over to the door, unlocked it, and then opened it. As soon as Simon was in I closed the door, and locked it again.

"Why won't you let your parents in?" Simon asked.