Chapter Two- I Love You, Goodbye

Comenzar desde el principio

But when it's already happening, it's just damn hard to contain your feelings and keep a straight face.

It was the beginning of a sunny day in the middle of spring but my tears fell like rain, my little heart was covered in mud and dirt, and in my head exists a powerful, destructive hurricane.

I feel like falling down a rift, an opening on a land, leading to the raging lava crust, immitating the mouth of hell. I feel like being swallowed up by quicksand in a desert.

But this is the only way to cease her suffering. I would do anything, even surrendering myself to a demon, just to save her from getting killed. I would rather choose to get trapped in a cage than to see her being swallowed up by a heartless beast.

I took a paper from the folder sitting on my desk and held a ballpen, trying to compose my last words for the love of my life. I never imagined I'll be doing this one day and I feel helpless. My hands were quivering from every stroke of the pen against the paper and every word brought me to tears.

---

Everything went according to grandpa's plans. Gray proposed to me, asking if I could be his wife, in front of our families, friends and the socialites in a grand celebration that I didn't have any choice but to accept it and as soon as he wore the ring in my finger, tears started to escape my eyes but everyone thought it was out of happiness except those few people who exactly know the reason behind those tears as I officially died in another tragic death.

One day, when my bestfriends visited, Dinah was carrying a huge present which I believed was a painting and Ally handed me a letter while Mani gave me a bittersweet smile.

"From Lauren." Ally said and my heart skipped a beat upon hearing her name while I nervously took the letter.

"Hey, we know how hard this is but no matter what, you know that we're always here for you, right?" Dinah said, taking my hand to hers and I nodded as an answer.

"But for now, we'll go ahead, Mila." Normani said and the girls gave me a very comforting hug before sprinting off my room, giving me privacy in reading the letter and engage myself in yet another wreckage.

I ripped the paper covering the huge canvass, revealing a beautiful painting of two birds, freely flying over a field of roses in different colors and a sudden sharp pain settled in my heart, as if it was being violently ripped.

---

For the next few days, Gray show up in the mansion with flowers, chocolate and a lot of other gifts, he would ask me out to a romantic dinner, he would say sweet things to me but non of it convinced me, even a bit, that I could possibly like him too.

"Are you okay?" he suddenly asked, making me a little startled from my seat in the table for two.

Something in his facial expression told me he was really worried as if he wanted to tell me he's on my side here. It occurs to me for the first time to wonder what kind of a sales job my grandfather has done on him about me. He's great mass of charisma, I must admit, but something in his manner so much like my grandfather that a confusion which was not altogether unpleasant settled in my heart.

"I'm fine, I just...have a little headache." I lied.

He reached across the table and took my hand on both of his.

"Do you want to go home now?" he asked, looking seriously concerned.

"Can we?"

"Of course." he said and requested the bill from the waiter. He guided me as we walk back to his car.