chapter 8

Your pov

We were probably the loudest ones in the diner. We were laughing and reminiscing about the times we shared as little kids.

"Do you remember that time you beat Virus in Rhyme" Trip questioned. In my mind I was panicking. Bringing Ryhme up in a conversation was like bringing up a divorce. Ryhme controlled our lives.

I lookedcback at Virus's face for reassurance. Virus face remained smiling.

"I'm not sure we should talk about this. Let's look at the dessert menu shall we" I say trying to change the focus of the conversation.

"It's fine y/n-chan" Virus says giving me a gentle smile

"Well I don't remember it too clearly" I lied.

During the time I was in the oval tower, there were other kids in the tower that I heard were" Rhyme prodigies". Little did I know that Virus and Trip were the best among those prodigies. Among the times we weren't goofing around ,Virus and Trip would train me in Rhyme and little Sei would just watch. Since trip was closest to my age I would always spar him . After my first two weeks of training I'd start to win every time we sparred.

So I wanted a bit more of a challenge and asked Virus to spar me. He was a bit hesitant at first but he agreed to in the end. Each ryhme battle takes an estimated time of two to five minutes. We were at it for four hours.We were attacking each other with all we had and no one was falling. Some how while Virus wasn't paying attention I was able to finish him off .There was something off about him that day. I was scared. Where was the gentle smiling face i loved so much? I wanted him back so badly so I challenged him to a rematch the next day but much to my dismay the next day would be the day I'd lose him.

" That fight was amazing. To think you could defeat Virus with just three months of training".

Virus sat in his chair silently gazing out of the Window . I knew that it was still a touchy topic.

"Well you guys were such good teac-.."

Just as I was finishing up my sentence ,the TV in the corner of the room was all that I could hear.

"In more shocking news, all members of the ryhme gang "Bug Bomb" has mysteriously vanished . It is said by most town folk that the team has been "spirited away". Is it urban legend or gang rivalry?More news on the case at 10 pm."

I was speechless.

"Y/n-chan are you alright" Virus said with a concerned expression on his face.

"That was the gang that shot at me"

"Looks like they had it coming" Trip said very disinterested

The waitress comes over with a tray and looks a little flustered at the sight of Virus and Trip.

"Are you ready to order"

"I'll have a parfait"Trip says looking at the dessert menu

"I'll have the hamburger steak" Virus says

"Can I get a water"

"Are you not hungry y/n-chan" Trip says

" After that News report I don't feel like eating"

"I'll be back with your food in a jiffy" the waitress says walking away from the table

"It's not your fault y/n-chan, life happens, don't get so worked up about it, ok?" Trip says trying to comfort me

"But those were real people with family and human emotions, and its hard to separate the gang world from the real world. I just feel responsible. "

" Tell you what, Trip and I don't have anything planned after this, we could spend the rest of the day together, just like old times." Virus says while holding my hand.

"That sounds nice,but first may I be excused " I get up from the booth and walk to the restroom.

Virus's pov

Her coil has been ringing nonstop since she left. I reach across the table to pick it up but then Trip grabs my wrist.

"We shouldn't"

"Don't worry I'll just tell y/n what the person wanted" I knew from the start that was not going to happen.

Trip lets go of my arm. I proceed with accepting the person's call. The man I saw last night face appeared

"Y/n I apologize for lashing out at you earlier. I just didn't want you to get involved with-" the man pauses."It's complicated y/n, will I see you at HQ tomorrow?" The ma says in his dull voice

"Wow Mr . Wilhelm so you really are close to y/n-chan aren't you"

"Who is this"

"This is just one of y/n's childhood friends whose talking on her behalf"

"Don't lie to me where's y/n" his tone growing harsher

"She is currently in the restroom and I would like to say that y/n will not be coming in to play at your little club house for a while"

"Bullshit, let me talk to her"

"I apologize but y/n is refusing to do so , have a nice day" I hang up and stare at Trip.

"What is it Virus"? He says slightly annoyed

"Did you remember to block the gps on y/n's coil ,so bunny boy wouldn't track us"

"Yup"

"That's great, now y/n-chan will be all ours"

"What's gonna be all ours Oni-san" y/n says peering into my face with a confused expression.

My heart start beating fast from how close she is.

"Uhhh-dessert,yes, dessert will be all ours ".

"Your so goofy oni-san" she says giving me a warm smile

"The prince finally lost his cool" Trip says snickering

I wonder how long this would last

Thank you very much for reading. I'm sorry the update took forever, no five-ever to be uploaded I will try to update regularly seeing that you guys like it. Thank for the support and feedback. ♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥