V.

P.O.V Marques
Well today is the day that I decided to go to rehab. I'm doing this for Trinity, but mainly for me and my health. I want to be a better person for her and I can't be that person if I have this problem. I packed about 2 bags, everything that I thought I needed. I got in my car and headed to the rehab facility. I pulled up parked were I thought I should then walked inside. The women at the desk greeted me "Hello sir what can I help you with today" she asked looking up from her computer. "Is this where you can check yourself in" I asked. She nodded. "Follow me this way" the women said getting up and starting to walk. I followed her down this long hallway until she came to a stop at these giant double doors. She opened the door for me "Sit and wait the doctor will be with you shortly" she said pointing to the chair. When I sat down she smiled then closed the door. I was waiting for at least 10 minutes before the doctor came out. "Hello sir I'm Dr. Harris. Nice to meet you" he said holding out his hand for me to shake it. I stood up and shook his hand "I'm Marques Wright. Nice to meet you too" I said. "Follow me" he said. I followed him to this big ass office "So what can I do for you today" he asked sitting behind his desk as he directed me to sit. "I wanted to know if I can check myself into this rehab" I said. "Well what is your problem exactly" he said rubbing his chin. I signed. "Doc I have a problem. A drinking problem" I said looking down at my hands. "Yeah we get a lot of those regularly but why do you think that you have a problem" he asked get this notepad out. "I drink to drown out all of the pain, my past wasn't the best at all. My father used to beat my mom and me sometimes when he was finished with her. I try not to think about it as much but it was a lot. Then I think I took a part of that trait from my dad with me, I hate what I've become and that's like him" I said putting my head in my hands. "So your saying you've abuse someone in the past or recently" he asked as he wrote something down in the notepad. "Recently yes! I don't know what it was but something ticked. It was like everything went black and I just went out, but that wasn't even the first time something happened like this. The first time was about 2-3 years ago, I almost beat my ex girlfriend half to death" I said reliving the memory in my head. "When I did it it's like something took over my body and I couldn't stop it I just kept going and going. But it was a part of me didn't want to stop" I said. "Were you drunk when any of these events were happening Mr. Wright" he asked still writing but faster. "Most likely I was! I've been drinking for a while now, heavily! I honestly couldn't go a day without drinking something even if it was a can of beer I had to get a taste of something" I said closing my eyes trying to stop the thoughts. "What we're your issues as a kid" he asked looking up from his notepad. "Well I used to fight, A LOT! I wasn't a good kid but I was smart don't get that messed up I stayed on my books. I had bad anger problems as well which I still kind of have but it has died down" I said looking at him as he began writing again. "Was there anything that brought you out of this rage, a thing, a person or even a memory" he asked putting his notebook down. "Well there was this girl, not a girl friend or anything but she's a very close friend. She's helped me with a lot of stuff in the past. Especially with my parents issues she was like a little big sister since I'm older than her. It was actually her who stopped me from almost killing my ex girlfriend. Idk what she does but it works every time" I said rubbing the back of my neck laughing a little. "So the girl that you recently had this encounter with, who is she" he asked. "My girlfriend" I said. "Oh okay so does your friend remind you of someone, something" he asked. "Idk tbh, but I always thought she kind of resembled my mom" I said laughing a little. "Interesting, and is your mother still with you" he asked waiting on my answer so he could write on his notepad. "No she died the year after I graduated from high school in a car accident. That's when the drinking started" I said as one tear rolled out my eye and I hurried and wiped it. He was silent for a few minutes still writing and thinking to himself. He then put all of this stuff away stood and walked to the door "Come on let me show you around" he said. I got up and he took me around the facility before taking me to my room where I was to stay for 60 days. This place was nice asf no lie. He let me get settled before he came back to tell me that I could call one person before he takes my phone. "Dang doc I can't have my phone on me" I asked laughing. "It'll distract you that's why you don't see a tv in here" he said giving me a look "One call Mr. Wright I'll be out here waiting" he said. Once he left it took me a little while to see who I was gonna call. I knew Trinity didn't want to have nothing to do with me after what I did and I don't blame her, so I called Tiffany even though I knew she was gonna talk my damn ear off. "What the fuck do you want" she said in her attitude. I signed "Chill Tiff calm down I just wanna talk" I said calmly. "Where are you Marques so we can talk shit cause I really have a bone to pick with you right now" she said lowering her tone a little. "Well that's the thing I'm at a rehabilitation center" I said. "Wtf are you doing there Marques, which one I'm about to come get you" she said sounding like she was getting stuff together. "No Tiffany I put myself in here for me, and the rest of y'all. I'm a mess and you know it. You know me better than any other person. I need help so I'm getting it to better myself. I can't keep living like this and Trin deserves way better" I said. "Well what do you want me to do" she said signing. "Okay first off I need you to handle up on the club until I get out of here, keep everything together no bullshit you know how I handle my business. Secondly don't tell nobody say I had to handle some family business or something like that, Ik you'll make something up that's convincing. Third this is the only call I'm going to be able to make, so just chill, I'm only gon be in here for 60 days and I'll try to look into having visits or something. Lastly tell Trinity I love her fr fr I need her to know that" I said slowly opening the door. "Okay Marques I'll hold it down for you. You just worry about getting better for your girl, and she loves yo ass too even though you be acting bitch made sometimes I hope you know that" she said laughing. "Bye Lil sis, love you" I said. "Bye big bro love you too and see you soon" she said then hung up. "Here you go" I said handing him my phone. "Be ready to start early tomorrow" Dr. Harris said. I nodded, slowly shut my door, walked to my bed and laid down. I'm not gon lie this bed was more comfortable than mine shit. I might like this!