The Big Taboo

~hey. This is Edward x Reader if you already didn't know. Some of you have probably read my other story and some haven't. I was asked to write another one so I am. I hope you enjoy.~

-Edwards pov years ago-

"I hope this works." I said and finished the transmutation circle. I looked at al and smiled.

We bother put our hands on the circle and watched in awe as the lights filled the room. Then everything was dark.

When I opened my eyes my vision was blurred and the room was filled with fog. My leg hurts so bad. I looked down at my leg and it was gone! Blood oozing out of my leg and Als clothes were on the floor.

"Al!" I screamed but he wasn't there. No one was. The fog was clearing as I looked to see mom... but that wasn't mom... nowhere near mom. What is that thing?

The pain was overwhelming. all I could think of to save al while I could was to use that suit of armour that hasn't been touched in a year. I made a blood seal and I blacked out again.

Everything was white. Did I die? Where am I? A door opened and I saw everything.

Lies.

Truth.

Memories.

Everything was there at my touch. But I was fading away. I was being pulled out of there. I wanted to stay. I wanted to know more! WHY AM I BEING DRAGGED AWAY FROM THIS??!!
I turned around and saw a door. I closed my eyes and breached for impact. But I didn't hit I went through the now open door. And before it closed I saw him.

Alphonse.

"Noooo!!" I screamed and I woke up. I saw Winry and grandma.

"Hand me the arm." Winry said I felt a pain in my arm. "I'm connecting the nerves so this is gonna hurt." Winry said and I heard a click.

"Ahhhh!!" I screamed in pain and someone was holding me down. I cooled down for a moment and was breathing heavy.

"The leg." Winry said and was crying. Another click sent me into another fit and before I knew it I passed out.

-hours later-

The sun shined on my face and I slowly opened my eyes. I looked around and saw the suit of armour in the corner of the room.

"Ed!" It sounded just like al... was it al? The armour came close to me.

"Al?" I spoke up and he nodded. He was there. It was al. I lifted my arm and saw it was metal.

My arm was automail!! I trembled in fear and al moved his arms and tried to calm me down. But I just screamed.

"Aahhhh!!!" I clutched my head and the memories flooded back in.

The door.

Alphonse.

That thing.

The truth to everything.

It was real. What happened to us? Al is a suit of armour and I have automail. I moved the blanket to look at my leg and it was also automail.

"Ed!" Winry ran in and looked worried. I calmed down and she looked as if she had been crying.

"I'm fine..." I sat up and she hugged me. All I could think of was teachers reaction to this. I couldn't face her ever again. Never will I see her again.

We did the biggest taboo... human transmutation...

Humankind cannot gain something without first giving something in return. To obtain something of equal value must be lost. This is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, we truly believed that to be the worlds one, and only truth.