"Okay, I'll keep that in mind." I reply with a new round of chuckles while I scan my menu once more. I decide on a chef salad and we both order once the waitress comes back with our drinks.

"So, what were you writing at the coffee shop?" He questions and I realize that despite the fact that I told him I was writing a paper, I didn't actually tell him what it was about. So I explain the entire project to him, leaving out my weird crush for Jer, and what the paper is about. He seems to hang on my every word and continues to listen intently, not seeming to zone out or stop listening at any point.

"That's pretty interesting. The most interesting project I did was on snakes, they're pretty interesting but not that interesting. I liked doing it, but it wasn't all that big, just write a small summary about them and make a PowerPoint, which was the hardest part because I didn't know how to work the computer. Imagine my embarrassment when my dad had to help me work technology. It took him nearly three hours to teach me how to use my phone. And I'm way off topic, and rambling, again." He explains quickly before blushing lightly and I chuckle, amused by him. His rambling isn't just amusing though, it's actually kind of adorable.

I can't help but watch him for a few moments, no longer than a minute, but it still makes me realize that I definitely like him more than a friend. And perhaps he's the right choice, the one I need to be with. The safe option.

"This is nice." I state, smiling as I make my final decision; I reach over and lace our fingers together, both hoping and knowing I made the right decision. He seems to relax, a strange sort of adoration entering his beautiful gray eyes.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself." He replies as the food arrives. I take my hand back to eat but I can still feel the warmth of his hand in mine. It felt nice, normal.

We continue to eat and talk casually after that, the conversation flowing nicely. Ian does have his moments of rambling from nervousness but I find it quite adorable and entertaining.

"I'll pay," I state once we're finished with our meals and have gotten the check. He gives me a look that says he wants to object, he really wants to, but I already have the money my dad gave me out and I put half of it in the small black tab. He looks only slightly irritated but I ignore him and follow him outside.

"This was nice," I repeat once more when we're outside in the cold winter weather.

"Actually, could we walk?" He questions and I glance at him before shrugging.

"Sure." I follow him down the road, past shops displaying a wide range of merchandise including jewelry, clothes, and even lingerie in an adult store.

I shiver at one point though, realizing only now that I didn't grab my jacket, and I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt. I mentally roll my eyes at my stupidity, I should have remembered that it was this cold outside. Before I can finish my thoughts, however, a warm, heavy object is placed over my shoulders and I realize it's a jacket. Ian's jacket.

"Ian, you don't have to give me your jacket. I'm perfectly fine without one, it's not that cold. Besides, now you'll be cold." I add in a scolding tone but he shrugs.

"It's okay, I can handle a little cold, I can't handle seeing you cold though. Accept the gift graciously, Levy." He replies with a lopsided grin and I sigh, not bothering to argue. I glance around the area with a small smile, remembering when my dad would take me to this side of town for ice cream and toys.

Then as I got older the toys became books, however we still got ice cream. It's those memories though that make me miss my childhood. It was so fun, relaxing. And now I'm nearly an adult, a man who has to make smart choices, I can't be that kid who would beg his dad for extra sprinkles on his ice cream, or another book even though I already have hundreds. I have to be responsible, I have to make wise decisions.

And when I glance back at Ian who seems also lost in his own world, I realize I'm making a good, wise choice. I sigh and wrap the jacket tighter around me momentarily, my senses being assaulted with the smoky scent that is Ian.

"Ian," I call, stopping and waiting for him to stop. He stops and turns in confusion, standing in front of me, nearly the same height as me, with his head tilted to the side in confusion.

"What's wrong?" he asks immediately, looking incredibly worried that something may be wrong. I shake my head and smile, glancing around the deserted street. I reach my hand up to brush against his jaw before I lean forward and kiss him lightly on the lips.

His lips are a bit chapped, but that doesn't seem to bother me as I continue to kiss him, licking his bottom lip lightly before I pull back. I attempt to catch my breath despite the fact that the kiss was so short so I shouldn't be out of breath. He seems surprised, incredibly surprised, but there's a smile gracing his pink lips.

"What does this mean?" he questions, one of his arms still wrapped around my waist while his other is cupping my chin, stroking my cheek.

"It means the date went really well, and I want to see where this goes." I reply, tracing my finger over his chin to his bottom lip. I catch it with my finger, pulling it down lightly before I lean forward, giving into the temptation to kiss him once more.

"Could this go to more than friends?" he shoots and I chuckle, dropping my hand.

"Ian, we were more than friends the moment we met." I state with another round of small chuckles.

"Good," he whispers and I smile. While I look into his light gray eyes, I can't help but realize I haven't felt this happy, this comfortable with any of my previous girlfriends. It never felt this way, and I love the way I feel. Sure, I still can't get Jer completely out of my head, but Ian will make me forget him; he has to.