Chapter Three - It all started off....

Piper's POV

I can finally hear the words of the song, and my heart starts beating like a drum. It feels like they are meant just for me. Like a special, and so precious message straight from the Heavenly Father above in Heaven.

"

Did you choose this road you are on today

Did you know you would be lost at sea

There's Someone waiting

He's waiting just a prayer away.

Did you know that you are chosen?

By the God who made the mountains?

He loves you with His all

You are His chosen one!

Did you ever think about,

Before the world began

God had you on His mind & heart

That's why He sent His Son.

Did you know that you are chosen?

By the God who made the mountains?

He loves you with His all

You are His chosen one!

God has great plans for you child

Plans to you good, and not harm

Just His word and lean on Him

He knows the steps to take.

Did you know that you are chosen?

By the God who made the mountains?

He loves you with His all

You are His chosen one!

"

Up ahead is a large group of people. I've never seen anyone in the gardens before, let alone such a substantially sized group as this one. None of them seem to see me, which I'm perfectly fine with. They all seem lost in the moments. The music. The heart. And most importantly the Holy Spirit.

The music keeps drawing me forward, like I just have to catch a glimpse, but I can't seem to see the group singing. I bounce on my feet, but being short just isn't helping my case any. "Excuse me." I say, but I believe a mouse would have gotten more attention.

I decide to make my way around and try another angle of view. I bump into a guy that is taller than me with a super kind face, and I won't lie kind of an attractive face as well. The thing is though it's almost more his eyes that capture my attention, in them I can see the peace he feels and, this may sound crazy, his passion for this. He smiles at me warmly. "Welcome. Pretty cool band, right?" He motions a hand toward makeshift stage.

"Yeah." I nod absentmindedly. "Are they... well is that a Christian group? The words... well I thought they sounded...." I am so bad in situations like this, it's like I just freeze up like a popsicle.

"They are in fact. So am I. This is an event my church put on, well I was kind of in charge, it's called Return To The Garden. Chosen was good enough to be our entertainment free of charge. They just want to see increase of God's kingdom." He smiles brightly. He looks around the garden, a peaceful smile escaping his lips. "That's why I love it here so much. I like to escape to be with God."

I am super shocked at what he says. I open my mouth to say something, but before I can someone is at his side, saying he's needed somewhere to do something or other. "Bye." He waves as he dashes away. At the last second I realize, I didn't even learn his name. Oh well. It's not like it would have mattered anyhow.

I really want to stay for the show, but I remember my bike and that my family might be expecting me. "God please show me if you want me to stay for some reason." The skies don't open up and I don't hear an audible voice answering my question. So I find my bike, it's sort of easy to spot since it's turquoise with a yellow basket sporting a rose bloom on the front, and is sort of the old style with the banana seat. I hop on and cast one more longing glance over my shoulder.

And it's in that moment that it hits me. I also am reminded that God sometimes answers us in the most unexpected of ways. When I said that it hit me... well I mean that literally. Since I was looking behind me, I wasn't looking where I was going. Even though, for some reason, I was pedaling forward, still. My bike slams full force into something, and as I whirl my head around, I see it's a girl around my age. We thud to the ground and lay looking at each other and our now front bike tires.

"Hi... um....I'm Piper. I'm sorry about that." I say as I stand up and stretch out my hand to her. "Soooooo sorry."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

(Song was written by me...)

I should also add that the band Chosen is copyright of Elizabella Tanson aka GodGirl91

You can find this band in "That's What I'm Looking For" by her, and a few other books of hers, including an upcoming book telling how the band came to be.

The band will also be found in "Show Me The Light" by MaggieStamper912