Chapter Two - Wings

Skylar's Pov

Here I go again. Crashing into the stop sign.... again. IT WAS THE SECOND TIME THIS WEEK. Gees, you would think for going into college this fall- just don't take my summer- I would look up once in awhile. I am extremely nervcited. It's both nervous and excited. Leaving Portland, Oregon is going to be so hard, but like a butterfly, one cannot know where the wind will take them unless they spread their wings. Walking around the garden and watching the butterflies spread their wings is what I love to do this time of year. They are always so enchanting fluttering from flower to flower.

I always pretend I'm at Narnia here as my little place to "escape". Writing, reading, music listening (but never playing) are things I love to do. It's always nice to know that I had somewhere to go and think when everything was noise. The leaves would whisper my name when it was getting to hard telling me it's alright. Letting out a deep sigh knowing I'll miss this place. I live across town a little bit out of reach from here, so the little insects were out of my way a bit. Every moment was worth it stepping into the unknown magical flowered forest. Seeing one land on a flower, very carefully not to disturb it, I pull out my camera and with a click, have yet another winged photo to add to my collection on my wall. Most of my photos are nature. I can make friends, it's just.... hard sometimes to know who is there and who isn't. One good thing is I will always have the friends from my church. They are there for me in times of need and willing to look out for me. I could never ask for anything better.

I have to leave this fall, but I am going to make this the best summer ever.

Following the wind and the whispers that come feel hard to me anymore. They all seem like big risks. Faith is spelled R.I.S.K but what if I F.A.L.L? The trouble I have sometimes is wondering what is in the unknown. I try and trust it will be alright. There are no guarantees, so hope is sometimes the only thing to keep someone going. Wondering how I got through another year of school is a wonder to me sometimes. It was hard, yet I got through it. Another year gone, in this one life, I want to feel something that I am made especially for that one purpose that this life is supposed to be used for. I want to feel it just one time. Let me see, feel, hear, it one time that there is a reason.

Slipping off my earbuds, with water glistening in my eyes, not crying yet not dry either, I hear the one thing that calls me. I hear the notes in the midst of the silence off in the distance. A journey of a thousand steps has to start with one they say, I take one step toward the music hoping it'll give me the one thing I am looking for. The one thing I have been looking for my entire life. The hope. The purpose. The promise. This is not the escaping with the music this time. This is something different.

The hope. The purpose. The promise. This all begins with one note, and I follow it to see where it leads my feet.