Flashback 7

The next day was a very strange one. Not only did memories of the previous evening play through my head, but memories from eighteen years of living floated through as well.
"What is wrong with me?" I asked myself whilst staring at the ceiling. It was Sunday, and I was already awake at four o'clock. Stupid noises, I thought. There was a loud crash at the door, but I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep. When I shut my eyes, I knew something wasn't right. I heard voices.
"I'm telling ya Steve, it was this house!" A woman's voice whispered.
"No, no, it was the one across the street!" A man whispered back. Am I being robbed? Our house had been broken into before, but that was when we were gone. Where's my phone? Where's my phone?
I felt an anxiety attack coming on. I couldn't find my phone, which meant there was no way to call anyone.
     Don't worry, don't worry.... I took a deep breath and decided to take a risk by climbing through my window.
     I stepped up as quiet and as quick as I could, and I flicked the latch on my window. It unlocked with a loud POP! and I froze where I was.
     "Debbie, did you hear that?" The guy named Steve asked. I felt my breath hitch in my throat as I prayed for it to be a "no."
     "Yeah...yeah I did Steve. Someone's awake, and we can't be caught." She replied. At this point I didn't even care about the noise, I just wanted out of my house. I tried to push my window up, but it was stuck. Centimeter by centimeter it scooted up, but I was in a hopeless position. I was stuck.
     I heard footsteps near my door, and I was still trying to escape with everything I had. Please open up. Please! I begged the window in my head. I heard the doorknob turn, and the hinges squeak.
     "Well well well, looks like we might have a little prize to take from this place," Steve cackled. How is mom not awake?!
     "Yeah, we just might," the lady giggled. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, and my breathing got faster and faster.
     "J-J-Just l-leave me-e al-lone," I stuttered. They both just laughed. I was still facing my window, hoping that an angel would swoop in at any moment and carry me away from this mess, but I knew fairy tales weren't real. I heard footsteps draw closer to me, and I heard heavy breathing that smelled of alcohol. Within seconds I felt something against my forehead, and I very well knew what it was.
     "You're coming with us princess," the man hissed. I just shook my head as more tears rolled down my cheeks.
     "N-Never!" I replied. I didn't dare move from fear of what the man could do to me.
     "Either you do as I tell you, or your brain will be splattered all over these pretty blue walls," he stated. I almost turned around, but I was stopped by an all too familiar voice.
     "I think you'll be the one with your brain all over the walls, Uncle."