The countdown ends now

The sun shone down brightly onto the emerald green grass, bathing the school grounds in warm golden sunlight. Pools of water lit up, shimmery and sparkling peacefully. A lone cherry tree stood in to middle of the yard blowing pink petals across the sky, swirling and dancing before landing on the ground. Everything was bright and colourful, except for one. Sitting slouched with his back against the wall was Rogue dressed all in black - jet black boots; charcoal top; inky jeans and a huge 'Black butler' bag. He had a nervous look on his face and was looking around expectantly like he was waiting for something or rather someone. Clutching a small piece of paper in his hands, he went over the message again in his head.

'1.Your time is up...I will find you...Don't try and run...'

He closed his eyes, put his earphones in and fell into a deep sleep. Although it didn't always work, sleeping was usually the only way to stop him worrying. Little did he know, when he opened his eyes again, he wouldn't be in the nice friendly school he was growing to love but an entirely different place altogether.

Rogue awoke with a start and looked around. The floorboards beneath his feet were sodden and disintegrating and the walls were murky brown, almost too dark to be seen. Grimy black mold dotted the ceiling in clusters. The only source of light was the eerie glow of a tall candle in the middle of the room, far away from where he sat. Wax dripped slowly onto to floor splattering everywhere. The room was hot, stuffy and hard to breathe in. Rogue shot forwards, coughing his lungs out. He had been in this room far too long and the heat was becoming unbearable. The sound of footsteps echoed around the room. Creek. The floorboards squealed as the sound came closer.  A distorted sound filled the room - a voice. Heart racing, Rogue fidgeted around. He had to escape, he had too. A tight, itchy rope grabbed his hands, tying him to the wall. A thousand tiny spiders scuttled down his back. I need to get out. I need to. He shook wildly, trying to break to rope. His breathing got faster and faster as he closed his eyes once more as a last attempt to escape the trauma. 

He was engulfed by the swirling dark abyss of thoughts and anxiety. Barely breathing, barely alive. Panic filled every vein in his body flowing around him with no escape. He clenched his fists tightly crying uncontrollably. It's going to be alright...my friends will find me...they will wont they? He tried to calm himself down, stop his panic, but he couldn't. What if they never come? What if they never even liked me at all? What if...what if... Then he sunk deeper into his mind reliving memories he never wanted to go through again. Everything came flooding back to him: Skiadrum, Master Jiemma and more. Every painful experience resurfaced again, leaving him to face it alone - nobody to help him, nobody to tell him it would be alright, nobody. He was alone again except this time, he hated it. Alone didn't protect him, it never really did. It was a lie he'd told himself again and again until he believed it. All he wanted right now was for his friends to be there with him, but did they even like him? Did they just pity him? 

His thoughts were interrupted by more footsteps, this time closer that before. Thud! The sound grew with each movement. Thud! Rogue let out a sick whimper. His chest was tight, stomach rotten. I will not look. I will not. No matter how close those shuffling footsteps come. I will not look. I will not, I will...not...  

----A/N----

Sorry this chapter was so short. Also, I think I might have died of writers feels in the last part. I promise  I'll keep updating as much as I can. Thanks for reading ^-^