As of present, Belle was busy cleaning tables at the café, she started working for Anne part time to keep her busy on days that she doesn't have class. She stopped cleaning and looked across the street at the little children on the beach with their parents, laughing and smiling. Belle gave a sad smile as she watched them play.  "That's going to be us one day." A familiar voice said behind her, she rolled her eyes playfully at Jesse.

"You're gay Pugsley, don't make me regret having sleepovers with you."

Jesse fake gasped standing in front of her view. "How else was I to see all of you flower?" He winked at her making her laugh loud.

"Oh gosh please stop." She said once she calmed down, turning serious she gave Jesse a sad look. "Married with kids? I wish, I wasn't born into a family, I was rescued and put with you guys as a family, asking for my own would be selfish." She said and walked to the counter starting to clean it. The café was a 500x600 square meter space, all brown and antique with bits of turquoise and green to add colour. There was a little stage with a piano at the end of the room and a counter on the other side at the entrance where the host stood with menus as wells as a door behind the counter heading to the back where the kitchen, bathroom and office were, the rest of the space was filled with tables and chairs.

"You deserve it Belle, we all do, we didn't go through shit to be kept in the dark." Both Belle and Jesse wanted a family of their own, Belle wanted to feel complete and utter love. The cliché flutters in her stomach, toe curling kisses the love letter and evening cuddles. But nothing ever happened.  She has never been kissed nor has she ever had a boyfriend. She didn't know what to do, she just read Debbie Macober books and hoped that, that type of love existed. So far she was unlucky, after everything she's been through, was it too much to ask for more?

Snapping back in reality Belle shook her head and wiped the counter more thoroughly. "Don't shook your head at me flower, you know I'm right and that the right one will come." He said putting is elbows on the counter with a satisfied smile. His smile quickly dropped at the sight of Belle's glare. He immediately took his elbows off and stood up straight. Belle gave him a slight smile back and continued her cleaning.

"Jess, those things are meant for people who are successful and has something to offer." She put the cleaning supplies away and took off her apron. Fixing her shirt she ran a hand through her long brown hair. She was a very beautiful girl and Jesse didn't know how she could degrade herself like that, she had perfect ivory skin with long hair to match her curvy body. Beautiful blue green eyes, Lily Collins style eyebrows with pink plumb lips, she was really pretty. If Jesse was straight, he'd date her without question.

"But Bell-"

"No Jess, enough silly talk. I need to get ready for tonight." She said kissing his cheek and going to the back. Annabelle sang every night one song on the little stage in the café the people loved it and she could practice more. Little did she know that because of her voice, the cafe was packed every night. It was always packed to the point where people had to stand.

As Annabelle got ready, she kept thinking. What would it be like to have someone? Someone to call her own? Share a life with, grow old with. Just someone to take walks with and talk with about anything and everything.

"Belle sweetie you ready?" Anne called her when it was show time. Seeing Belle made her think of the first time she saw the girl. Belle was her daughter, biologically or not she loved her and would do anything to make her happy. Annabelle turned around smiling at Anne. She loved this woman with all her heart, this was and always will be her mother, there was one good thing her father did for her in her entire life, he hired Anne and she was beyond blessed because of it.

"Yes, I'm all set to go." She kissed Anne's cheek and walked to the piano taking her seat. She started off with tickling the ivories then she full blown started playing and singing. Playing piano and singing has always brought emotions out of Annabelle that she never knew she had or wanted. Music was her comfort and her muse, she was content in the presence of it. Yet she still had a whole in her heart, she wondered if that whole would ever be filled.

Finishing up for the evening all three of them made their way to the apartment. Jesse was first to say goodnight while Anne made Belle tea before retreating to her room, leaving Annabelle in her room, sitting on the windowsill, sipping her tea while looking at the stars. She started to sing the words that had been formed in her mind the last few days.

There is more beyond the stars, I wonder who you are,
I am lost in this world, come find me...

(Updated 15 Feb 2017)

Hello readers! I really do hope you all like it and will keep reading if not so sorry you didn't like it! Vote, comment and continue in Annabelle and Daniel's journey! Thank you for all the support!! Lots of love!

Rione xxx