27

Excuse any errors!

London in the MM.

Victoria

Lately I've been getting so many messages on my phone from unknown numbers. I didn't know who it could be but I was gonna tell Odell about it when he came home.

"Who's that?" Mimi asked. "Somebody is blowing your line up."

"You remember when I told you someone kept texting me?" I asked.

"Yea."

"Well that's who's blowing up my phone. I'm gonna change my number today."

"So did you tell Odell?"

I shook my head. "No. But I will tell him when he gets home. It's getting pretty annoying."

Mimi nodded. "So how have you been? You know after all that stuff happened with William?"

"I've been doing quite well. Now I don't have anything else to worry about."

"That's good. Did you find any dresses?"

"Yea I found some pink and light blue dresses. They're cute. I think all the girls will love them!

"Speaking of the girls, I don't think I want Maddie to be in my wedding. The girl doesn't know how to act."

"She'll probably do something to sabotage your wedding. You could never put anything past her."

"True." I nodded.

"But who's Joshua gonna walk with?"

"I don't know." She shrugged.

"If only London were here." I sighed and shook my head.

"I'm sorry sis. I knew how much she meant to you." Mimi hugged me.

"It's okay." I nodded and smiled.

Odell walked in and sat the bags on the table. He walked in and kissed me and then hugged Mimi.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Just looking through these dresses. I think I found the one I wanted."

"Good. I can't wait to see you in that dress." He said.

"Well I think I'm gonna go now. I still have to take care of some things down at the store." Mimi said.

I nodded and hugged her.

"I'll call you later." She said and walked out.

Odell

"Odell I tried to get in contact with your parents today." V said.

"That's cool." I nodded and grabbed my bags and walked upstairs.

"Odell, I want your parents to be at this wedding.!"

Here we go again. I told her I haven't seen my parents in years. They wouldn't want to be bothered with me anymore. I don't know why she's trying but I ain't stopping her because Victoria is gonna do what Victoria wants. As always.

"So did you find them yet?" I asked.

"Well I'm trying to find a number. I remember you told me that your parents lived in the Baton Rouge area, so that should make it easier." She said looking through a phone book.

I shrugged and continued watching the basketball game on my tv. "I don't even know why your doing this. Shit don't make since."

"Your parents deserve to be at the wedding."

"They do, but what makes you think they'll come? Your just waisting your time. I don't even care if they come or not. But as usual, your gonna do what you want anyways.

"Well excuse me for caring." She rolled her eyes and threw the book on nightstand. "But you know what? I'm not trying anymore."

I sighed and looked at her. I knew she was upset but it's the truth.

I haven't seen my parents in a while. My mama probably still with that no good nigga and my father, well I haven't seen him since he got divorced from my mama. My dad and I was close but he stopped coming around like he used to after he moved out.

Even though it was years ago, I still remember what happened.

-Years Before-

"So you just gone choose this nigga over me!" I yelled.

"Baby you wouldn't understand. I love him." My mama said.

"After all that he's put you through? You still gonna stay with him? Wow. That's real stupid." I shook my head.

But after those 3 words left my mouth, she slapped me. "Who do you think your talking to? Huh!"

I looked at him then her. "It's either me or him."

She didn't say anything. She sat down on the sofa and put her head down. I shook my head and walked to my room. I started to pack all my clothes up.

I wasn't gonna sit around and continue to watch him hurt my mama. If she didn't care,why should I? Over the last 2 years, he's put her through so much and she just takes it. Every time I try to talk to her about it she tells me that I'm a child and that I don't understand.

Once I was done packing up almost all of my stuff I grabbed my bags. I walked downstairs and stopped to look at my mama. I shook my head. "I hope you someday find the strength to leave this clown ass nigga."

I rolled my eyes and walked out the door. Guess I'm on my own now..