Chapter 16♤

Chapter 16

"Tonya is that why you were worried of coming back to Aqulia." Jewels tried to whisper out.

"No." Tonya snapped back and continued walking.

"Lady Tonya you must change into a dress. Your father won't see you another way. Lord Nathaniel is waiting for you in your father presence." The priest spoke.

"Of course wouldn't want to disappoint father." Her voice regal and full of power. Water and ice etched up her body as her clothes changed from her uniform to a long black ombre dress. The crossed straps of the halter dress fell down her back and tied into bows.

"That's better. Your mother would be so proud." The priest brought tears to his eyes and wiped then away.

"How dare you speak of my mother in my presence. You know the laws high priest. Don't speak about her ever again." Tonya voice filled with no emotions lashed out to at the priest.

"Please forgive me my lady. It has slipped my mind in my old age."

"Then maybe we should replace you." The words flew out of her mouth keeping us at a dead silence. The priest walked further ahead giving Tonya room to breath.

"So." Ariel was the first to break the silence.

"Sorry about that. I have to be like that. My father says if I don't develop an iron fist I can't take over Aquilia. You should know about that Eugene since your fifth in line." Her voice back to normal as she spoke.

"Yes I do." Eugene tensed up. So Tonya and Eugene were related some way.

"Here we are Lady Tonya. At your- at the emperor garden. Different flowers etched into hedges all around us. Different shades of purples, pink, blues, and reds. The grass was so green and animals were around every where. It was surrounded by water and you had to cross a little bridge to get to it.

"Have a wonderful day Lady Toyna." One priest spoke.

"Toyna. There's my baby girl." Her father wrapped a gaint hug around her. They look much a like. The same black hair and yellow eyes. Her wore some version of the priest robe, except his was more elaborate. The robe looked like silk, and satin. Different swirl shaped and curved lines formed a crowned.

"Hello father. Has the Vasquez family arrive yet?"

"No, but as one of the priest has probably told you Nathaniel here. Oh Nathaniel." Toyna tensed back up again. Whoever Nathaniel was he made her really uncomfortable.

A young boy appear with shaggy olive green hair, bangs falling in his light blue eyes. He wore a black suit with a red tie. A smirk plastered his face. He walked up to Toyna and took her hand.

"Lady Toyna you look ravishing today." He placed a kiss softly on her hand.

"Hello Lord Nathaniel." Her voiced chill over once again. Her father walked off. "This is my fiancé Lord Nathaniel."

"Nice to meet you. Eugene good to see you again." Nathaniel voiced was filled with the same coldness.

"Eugene family are lords of this lands. His family and Tony family were good friends. He was chosen as one as her suitors, but he lost to Nathaniel." Graham whispered to me.