She Believed She could Stop Time, And She Did

As soon as someone came out of those doors I stood up hoping she was okay.

"Mr.Ward I'm Dr.Valdez. Your daughter is okay but the Cancer has spread not only from her brain but to her lungs." He said.

I was in shock and just sat back down in my chair. Slowly feeling my heart break into a million pieces.

"When can I see her?" Mr. Ward said, looking at me and back at the doctor.

"She had requested to see Jasper." He said. I looked up at the doctor and Mr. Ward put his hand on my shoulder with a reassuring smile. "Go on Jasper. It's okay." He said.

I nod back at him and followed the doctor to her room. She was laying down and she looked up at me as I walked in the room. "There you are I have been waiting forever." She said, smiling.

"How do you feel?" I said, holding her hand in mine. It hurt so much to see someone you love so dearly to go through something so painful. Bella didn't deserve any of this she didn't do anything wrong. She was the most nicest person I have ever met.

"I feel like shit, but enough about me. How are you?" She said, laughing.

"I would be lying if I said I'm fine, but I'm not. I don't want you to go." I said, beginning to cry. I can't remember at time were I cried so much, when my parents died I cried but not like this. This was a different kind of pain one that seemed to go on.

"Everyone has to leave once in a while Jasper. I need you to be strong Jasper, for me." She said.

"I can't not without you." I said.

"Jasper I'm still here with you I would never leave. When I'm gone I need you to hold on to what we had and move forward." She said.

"I will Bella." I said.

***********

It's been a week and Bella has been back on her feet in no time. I decided to take her out on a picnic. I drove in my car all the way to the fields where my parents took my sister and I as kids.

She loved it so much that I wanted to give her something one of the last things she'll have. Bella had the window rolled down and she stick her head out letting the wind flow through her hair as the smiled. She was happy even though she was leaving, she was still happy.

Nothing seemed to bring Bella down, so way in her mind she always found a way to believe in everything. I stopped the car and helped Bella get out. We walked out onto the field finding a perfect spot under a tree.

Bella laid down in my arms and looked up to the sky. As we tried to make out the shapes of the clouds above. She was eating her sandwich when she looked up to the tree.

"Jasper. What's that written on the tree?" She said, pointing up and the tree.

I got up and walked of to the tree. "It is an initial my parents initial." I said as I smiled back at her.

"I wished I met your parents." She said.

"Me too." I said. The died when I was young I don't even know anything about them.

"How about we write our initials. I'm sure your parents would love it." She said.

And that what we did right next to my parents initial we wrote ours as a memory. It was something I was going to hold on to forever. Bella thought it was a fun idea to hide my car keys from me, and as I chased her around the field. I tackled her to the floor tickling her, till she told me where me keys were.

We drove back home it was already dark outside. We decided to stay outside in the dark looking up at the stars.

"Jasper." She said.

"Bella." I said.

"I don't want to leave you." She said, as the smile fell from her face I fell with it too.

"Don't worry. Bella I will be here with you always." I said.

"When I first met you you build my hopes like a tower." She said.

"Well I'm just a lost boy Bella and you found me." I said, kissing her.

"You'll always be my lost boy Jasper." She said, smiling.

**********

As days went by Bella became weaker. Most days she couldn't get out of bed, but I was there the whole way.

While she was sleeping I painted a heart on her carpet. I left just her. It was hard going to school some days. Everyone looked at me with sad faces and other just whispered behind my back.

I cared less about what they had to say about me, but I did get mad when people tried to say things about Bella. She seemed to be the laughing stalk of the school.

Other people who had clubs started fundraising for cancer donations. The told me to be apart of it and I didn't deny it.

I was beginning to be happy and believing in myself. Everyday after school I'd go to the hospital and tell Bella about my days and she laugh at most of them and how much I have been doing for her.

Things seemed to get better, or least I thought so.

********

It was after school and I was with Tyler and some of the guys at football practice. Tyler and I became really good friends and he hangs out with Oliver, Stephan and I more than his own friends.

My phone began to ring it was Mr. Ward. "Hello Jasper." He said.

"Hello Mr. Ward is there something wrong?" I said.

"It's Bella. The cancer it's got worse." He said.

"How worse?" I asked, beginning to get worried.

"They say she won't make it in three days." He says.

I drop my phone and scream as loud as I could. I fell down to my knees crying in pain and agony. I ran to my car and drove all the way to the hospital to see Bella.

I walked in the room drenched in sweat and tears. "Bella. Are you okay? I heard." I said

"Do I know you?" She said, looking at in confusion and fear.