Read that. Read that. That was terrible. Hated That. That was readable. Lived through that- don't need another account of it. You thought to yourself as your fingertips tapped across the spines of the books in the Historical section of the library. Or you were until you heard a quiet hello beside you, something pooling in the pit of your stomach when you recognised the voice. You turned to see the clumsy boy from the coffee shop smiling at you, his hands wrapped across his chest as he held a book beneath them.

'Hello' You spoke, his smile widening

'I hope you don't mind me coming over to you, it's just you rushed off so quickly the other day, I didn't get a chance to give you the money for the dry-cleaning. I know you said it was okay but it is the least I could do, I feel so bad for ruining your shirt and probably your day' One hand left the book to scratch the back of his neck as he gave you a sympathetic look. You could now see the scripted title of the book beneath his small hand that was decorated with two silver rings- 'Mythical Creatures'- That made you chuckle to yourself. A boy as soft as him wouldn't be able to handle the truth about what sort of things go bump in the night.

You shook your head 'No no, honestly, it is fine, I already got it dry cleaned and it's as good as new' You lied, you didn't get it dry-cleaned, you had just thrown it straight in the bin, but you wouldn't take money off this sweet boy, you had more than enough money of your own.

'I see, there must be a way I can make it up to you though?' Well, you were entertained at how adamant this boy was. And you couldn't deny that it made you happy that he was so determined to make up for something as small as dropping a coffee onto you.

'What would you propose?' You questioned, crossing your arms against your chest, smiling up at him

He looked away from you and down at his feet. You had been around humans long enough to know that was something they did when they were shy. Why did you make him feel flushed? It was something new to you as usually humans and vampires like yourself would feel fear and dismay when they were so close to you. But you weren't acting like your normal self around him, you were cautious, not wanting to scare him away. He seemed like the type of boy who would have nightmares and need to sleep with a night light after watching a scary movie. He had done nothing wrong towards you, so you weren't going to harm him. But it was still a new feeling seeing someone act so child-like around you.

He cleared his throat 'Maybe' He looked back up at you, his hands coming up in defence and his eyes widening 'I hope you don't think I'm being too forward, I'm sorry, if you think I am, but maybe I could make it up to you by taking you to dinner tomorrow night' He stammered, taking a deep breath- that you could only hear due to your heightened senses- as he finished. His bottom lip was caught between his teeth as he waited in anticipation for your answer. You had to think for a moment. He was asking you out on a date. That was something new to you as well, you never really made time for pleasure, you always had much too much business to attend to. Plus, it was always a bad idea, an immortal vampire going on a date with a human as innocent as the one in front of you- it screamed misfortune, especially for the innocent human. But nevertheless, you found yourself considering it.

You smiled at the boy 'I don't even know your name'

He giggled in return, god, the softness of it had your heart in your stomach 'Oh, I'm sorry, my name is Jimin, Park Jimin' He held out his hand for you to shake.

It took you less than a moment to hold your hand out to him, letting his fingers curl around your palm 'Well, Park Jimin, I would love to go to dinner with you tomorrow night' The words fell from your lips before you even thought about what you were about to say but it felt right. One date wouldn't harm anyone- and you could protect him if anything went wrong. 'I'm Y/N, it's lovely to meet you'