Chapter 1 (The Move)

Ellie's POV

"MOM! I can't find my phone charger!" I shout to my mother from the bottom of the stairs at our new house.

"Sweetie I'm sure you can be without your phone for a few hours while we unpack." She appears in the stairway with her arms crossed.

"But I have to text Alex back! And my phone is dead."

"Wow, and the long-distance relationship is already going down hill." My older sister Whitney walks by laughing.

"At least I have a relationship!"

"Not for long!"

"Girls Enough." My mom yells at us.

Whitney and I have an interesting relationship. She is only 18 months older than me. Sometimes we get along just fine but other days we are complete opposites. Today as you can probably tell is an off day. It kind of is for all of us. After we get settled in at this new house I'm sure it will get better. At least I hope... 

After all Whitney will be moving out again in a month or so. She is attending college in Austin Texas. The only reason she didn't move out sooner is because Mom and Dad made her help us with the moving process.

We moved all because Dad's company decided to offer him a better placement at their other branch here in Dallas Texas. However the house we found is in a small town called Sunnyvale a little outside Dallas. Mom is going to start looking for a basic job as soon as we get settled. My sister and I both start at schools in the fall but we have all summer to figure that out. I try not to worry about that yet anyway.

Who am I forgetting? Oh yeah! My boyfriend Alex Locke. We have been dating for two years a 3 months. We started dating my freshman year. Now I'm  going to be a senior and he will be going off to college in New York. Not like distance will be a problem for us by then anyway. I mean he already lives all the way back in Montana. 

"Okay everything thing with Alex if just FINE. But it won't be If I can't talk to him. So Whitney can I borrow your charger?" I ask Whitney because she is the only other one with an iphone in the family.

"I guess." She goes into her new room and I follow. Then when we get into her room she begins quickly looking around. "Yeah, actually I think I left mine in the rental car..."

"Wow your helpful." I input as I walk out of the room.

After a good 6 hours of unpacking the four of us had pretty much unpacked all of the simple things. The moving truck would be arriving sometime early tomorrow. Dad went to go pick up some fast food to bring back to the house. I wasn't feeling it though.We had eaten fast food for the past 3 days while driving here. And I really just needed to get away from my stressed out family for a bit. I told my mom that I saw a coffee shop about a mile away and that I was going to walk there.