Chapter 12- Take a chance on me

Lucas walks in to her house frowning at the door being left open. "Roxy?..Roxy Where are you?."

He walks into the living room and see's a letter on the table. He notices that his naame is written on it.

He picks up the letter and reads it in silence.

When he finished reading it, He ran into Roxy's bedroom and noticed her wardrobe was empty. He kicks the wardrobe in frustration.

He checks the drawers and everything Roxy had for clues to where she might be going.

He turns around to the bed and notices she left her laptop behind. He switches it on and see's the page that she left up.

"She's brought Two Train Ticket's to London that leaves in 10 minutes, If I put my foot down.. I might just make it."

He rushed out the house and into his car. His car all of a sudden struggled to start. "Come on.. I don't need this today especially when I'm trying to win the love of my life back!."

Suddenly the car roared to life and he put his seatbelt on and drove toward the Train station.

10 Minutes Later

The Train was about to leave but thanks to several delays due to some foggy weather.

The Intercom sounded. "We apologize for the disruption in advance.. As soon as the fog clears we will be able to board and you'll be on your way.. We thank you for your patience. "

Lucas pulls into the car park into a disabled bay. A warden shouts at him. "Hey.. You can't park there!"

As Lucas gets out his car and locks it he shrugs at the warden. "So.. Give me a ticket.. I'm trying to get my girlfriend back here cut me a break ok?."

The Warden grumbled angrily whilst putting a ticket on Lucas's windscreen.

Lucas ignored him and ran into the station.

He looked at the boards showing all the train times. "London...London..Ah!, Platform 3!"

He blinked again and saw that the train for London had in fact been delayed so he ran towards platform 3 as fast as his legs could carry him.

A few minutes later and he reaches his destination.

He looks up and down the platform looking for her.

He thinks she's already gone and decides to leave but then he see's her stepping a little closer to the edge.

He hit his head thinking. "How could I not have seen her.. stupid crowd."

The intercom sounds again. "Will all passenger's for London get ready to board?..The Fog has now passed and operations are returning to normal..Thank you."

He runs towards her yelling "Roxy Don't!".

Roxy turns around hearing her name and blinks. "Lucas?..What are you doing here?."

He grins "Stopping you making the worst mistake of your life."

He gets down on one knee. "Roxy.. I know I made a big mistake but I will never ever work for that idiot again.. I'll get a job elsewhere and we can get our own place."

Roxy strutters nervously. "But.."

He cuts her off. "I guess what I'm asking you is Will you give me another chance and marry me?."

The crowd was watching now cheering Roxy to say yes.

Roxy sighed looking around at the people.. There was no way she could say no now.

She thought for a moment. "Maybe this was his plan all along..but at the same time I guess I do love him.. I'm just scared of being hurt again."

Lucas pleads with her. "Please Roxy.. I will never ever hurt you again, You can trust me I promise."

He grins at her. "If your gonna say yes hurry it up because I don't think I'll be able to get back up again."

She laughs at him. "Of course I'll marry you.." She helps him up and kisses him.

They walk away from the station back to the car with a parking ticket and perhaps a happy ending.