~*~ Potential ~*~

Start from the beginning

The grill was becoming increasingly hot and for some reason I hadn’t decided to take of my jacket yet so to solve the heat problem I took off my jacket revealing my short sleeved blue shirt.

I could see the small black swirls on my arms that were my hunters mark but no one else could see it.

Liza threw her darts before turning around looking proud of her score. Her face turned from happy to confused within seconds as she looked at me which made me have a puzzled expression.

“When did you get a tattoo Jer? It looks very interesting and for some reason familiar,” She smiled.

She could see the mark on my arms. She obviously was a potential because I’ve never heard of anyone who wasn’t a potential and could see the mark so it had to mean she would become a member of ‘The Brotherhood of the Five’.

Wait! Brotherhood, meaning male only, she was certainly female, so that shouldn’t work out. Also she was a vampire and being a vampire means she would want to kill herself.

The destined vampire vampire hunter, it could be her, it could be her. She’s a vampire and if she kills another she will become a vampire hunter so it works out. Liza would be killed by the ones she loved if this was true. I had to speak to someone about this.

“Sorry Liza but I just remembered Elena needed me to help her with something at home, so I should go,” I lied smoothly.

“Okay, well we can carry on with this another time?” She shrugged looking around slightly obviously looking to see if the others were still here.

“Yeah, sure, well I’ll see you tomorrow Liza,” I stated hastily walking away from her and leaving the grill.

Who could I speak to? Elena, Stefan and Damon would want her dead or would go straight to the Mikaelson’s they wouldn’t understand. And the others were busy and wouldn’t want to help her. She was new to the group and Caroline and I were the only ones who became her close friends quickly and Caroline wouldn’t know what to do.

Who else was there? Alaric.

He’d want to help I think. He was a vampire hunter, not as powerful as I was seen as he was one by choice but he’d know what to do- hopefully.

Quickly I walked to Alaric’s loft seen as I didn’t own a car. It wasn’t too far but I basically ran the whole way.  I ran up the stairs before knocking on his front door in the hopes he would be at home. The door slowly opened revealing Alaric standing there.

“Hello Jeremy what do you want?” He questioned scratching his head.

“I need your help Ric. One of our friends is in huge trouble I think. I don’t know what to do,” I sighed un-sure how to explain this to him.

“Come in Jeremy and explain,” He said looking slightly worried.

He closed the door behind me before we went to sit down on the sofas.

“So explain, why is this person in trouble?” He questioned.

“Connor explained about potential members of ‘the five’ to me and I think I know one. You become a potential when a current member of the five dies and you’re capable of seeing the hunters mark. As well as this when they kill their first vampire they’ll become one of us properly, like with the instincts and their own mark,” I explained.

“So?” He encouraged me to carry on.

“Liza. She could see my hunter’s mark and there is this myth of the vampire vampire hunter, so I think she’s it. I think she is a potential member of the five,” I sighed.

“So she will want to kill all vampires including herself?” he asked.

“I presume she’ll want to kill herself, it’s instinct but if she kills a vampire she could be awakened if she doesn’t then she’ll stay a potential until she dies,” I frowned.

A frown came to his face as he began to think. Hopefully between the pair of us we could think of a way to save our friend from being brutally murdered by those she trusts and loves.

“We’ll just have to stop her from killing any vampires or hybrids, if she doesn’t kill any then she can’t be awakened,” He sighed seeming un-sure with what he came up with.

“Sounds easier than it will be,” I frowned.

 A/N- The video on the side I think fits the story all together it is next to each chapter. 

Team Kol? Team Nik? Or Team someone else? 

What do you want to see? Give me your true opinions of the story please. Also what do you think is going to happen compared to what you want to happen? Anything you want me to improve or change, give me your opinions it is appreciated.