~*~ Katerina ~*~

Liza’s POV

“Liza, can you come here please?” I heard Elijah’s voice from down in the main hall.

Sighing I stood up from my seat laying my book down where I once sat saving my page. Walking downstairs I could see Elijah stood there with Katerina. She had been staying with us for the last few days seen as she for some reason meant something to the brothers.

“Yes Elijah,” I smiled, “Hello Katerina.”

“Could you please keep an eye on Katerina and maybe show her around the grounds for a while? I need to meet up with Lord Niklaus,” he smiled back.

Although he asked me whether I could stay with Katerina his facial expression was suggesting I didn’t have a choice in the matter.

“Of course,” I nodded with a fake smile on my face.

“I will see you both later, goodbye Liza, goodbye Katerina,” He stated as he left our home to meet up with his younger brother.

“Well where would you like to see first, the gardens perhaps? Or I could show you around the house?” I shrugged not really minding.

It was a large estate that Niklaus owned but I knew it all like the back of my hand. It was a beautiful place to live and I was glad I got to live here.

“How about you show me the gardens?” She smiled gesturing to the front door.

“Good choice, follow me,” I sighed rolling my eyes.

It would be a long day or a long period of time that I would have to babysit this woman that for reasons un-known was special. Why? Neither Elijah nor Niklaus (not that I expected him to tell me) would say anything about her. Kol and Rebekah didn’t know anything either and neither did Trevor.

I don’t know why but it felt like they were lying to me, holding something back. There was a reason they allowed Katerina to stay. Niklaus actually wanted her to be here, not that he was home much at all.

We both went outside and towards the pathway that led to a statue and flower beds. It was lovely to see every day but no one ever tended to it.  I was also glad Elijah contacted a witch and got me a day light ring to help me keep a human aspect about me.

“It is beautiful,” She smiled softly looking around.

“I know it was like this when we moved here a few years ago but no one really comes out here much. Mainly I but it’s not really looked after, it is pure luck it is growing as well as it is,” I shrugged.

“Do you know where Lord Niklaus is?” She asked meekly.

“No I am sorry, he isn’t home to often, and he isn’t fond of me so he doesn’t tell me where he goes. Ask Elijah when he gets home, he should know,” I stated.

It never really bothered me not knowing where Niklaus was all the time. He never really paid much attention to where I was as long as I wasn’t out with a stake and a hunter.

“He courts me but then he shows no interest in me, I don’t know how he truly feels,” She sighed.

I could see the pained expression in her face as she thought about him. He was heartless and she would learn that, probably the hard way.

“It’s just how he is. He doesn’t care about anyone but himself,” I shrugged.

It was true and if she didn’t believe me he would either emotionally hurt her or physically, either way she had no way of surviving un-harmed.