~*~ Past to Present ~*~

Liza’s POV

 ‘Hey girl look at what you started,

Played with love got you broken-hearted,

I thought you were all I wanted,

All good since the say we parted,

Now table’s turned, lesson learned,

You got burned, yeah,

Hey girl look at what you started,

Played with love got you broke… broken-hearted.’

‘Broken hearted’ by Lawson played through my phone causing me to wake up. Although I loved the song I was depressed with the thought of having to wake up. Wait. That isn’t my alarm, my alarm in ‘Summer of 69’ by Bryan Adams. Lawson was my ring tone.

I jumped up grabbing my phone looking at the contact. I didn’t know who it was but I answered anyway by clicking the green button.

“Hello,” I frowned still half asleep.

“Hi Liza, its Jeremy Gilbert from school,” The voice on the other line stated in a rather happy voice.

“How did you get my number?” I questioned stretching out my limbs.

“Rebekah gave it to me, when I asked,” He said and I could tell he was shrugging.

I sighed, that meant bad news. You may be asking why, well Rebekah’s involved that’s a good explanation.

“Why did you want my number?” I sighed, standing up.

“Well, me and my friends like Caroline and Bonnie are going to the Grill in like an hour,” He explained.

“Wait what is the time?” I exclaimed they were going to the grill at like seven am.

“It’s midday,” He chuckled obviously hearing the shock in my voice.

I looked over at the clock on my wall seeing it was in fact midday, I had just slept in until midday.

“You know you woke me up. If you hadn’t phoned I would have stayed in bed until this evening,” I laughed.

“Aren’t you dead, so why do you need sleep?” he questioned.

“I don’t but why do humans need alcohol or cigarettes, you don’t need them but you still use them,” I shrugged although I knew he couldn’t see it.

“Touché,” He chuckled, “So would you like to join us?”

“Sure, so one o’clock at the grill?” I asked.

“Yes,” He nodded, “I need to go but see you there.”

“Bye,” I replied.

Quickly I got some clothes out of my wardrobe before going to get washed and dressed. I had grabbed a blue tank top with a pink loose top that hung down to the top of my stomach with a heart on it in a slightly darker colour. I also had light denim jean shorts with some matching sandals.

Once I had done that, I brushed my blond hair before going downstairs to grab a blood bag. When I reached the kitchen I saw Kol and Elijah sat around on their phones.

“Hey guys,” I smiled walking to the fridge and grabbing the bag.

“Hi lazy bones,” Kol chuckled.

“Ha ha ha,” I frowned.

I began to quickly drink to blood seen as I only had twenty minutes until I had to meet Jeremy and the others.