32- Have No Fear, Alice Bowman Is Here

Alice

Christmas is like, the most difficult holiday ever. It’s seriously just so stressful to plan for and to buy presents for everyone, it’s just really hard. However, it’s also a really amazing holiday too, and it’s one of the rare occasions that my mother puts a major effort in to get home.

“I have no idea what to get Danny.” Zoey groaned to me during lunch.

“Hasn’t he dropped hints or anything?” I asked her with raised eyebrows. “Guys are supposed to do that.”

“Well, he hasn’t.” She huffed. “I mean, I know that he wants a car, but that would be over doing it, wouldn’t it?”

I shrugged. “I dunno.”

“You don’t know?”

I shook my head. “No, I don’t know. Lance already has a car and I know that if he was here, he would do even more than get me a car, so I don’t really have to worry about over doing it.”

“Ugh, you’re right.” She mumbled.

“I know.” I chirped. “But if he wants him a car, then get him a car.”

“But I think that would be over doing it.”

“And when don’t we overdo things?” I asked her with raised eyebrows.

“What do you think he’s getting me?” She asked curiously.

I shrugged. “I don’t know, you know him better than I do, Zoe.”

“Yeah, but he won’t tell me anything.” She whined.

“And you think that he’s going to tell me anything? He’s smart enough not to do that, don’t you think?”

Zoey shrugged. “I’m not sure, really.”

“We can go shopping tonight, or this weekend or something. I’m sure you’ll find something.”

“Yeah, okay. Having you talked to Jason at all?” She changed the subject.

I shook my head with a long sigh. “No, he hasn’t been at school all week and I’m kind of freaking out about it.”

“Well, it’s only Thursday, so I’m sure he’ll be here tomorrow.”

“He’s avoiding me.” I groaned. “He probably hates me now.”

“How would he even know that you know that he likes you?” Zoey mentioned. “He doesn’t know.”

“Somebody told him? I don’t know, but why else would he miss almost a hole week?”

“People get sick, Ali.”

“And what about Aaron?” I mentioned. “He told me that Jason missed Monday because of me.”

“Aaron is a jerk, you know that. He was probably lying.”

“You’re just making up excuses to protect my sanity.”

She nodded. “Yeah, I know, but you really should talk to Jason and figure everything out for sure, you can’t just assume things and freak yourself out like this.”

“Okay.” I muttered. “Yeah, I’ll call him again or something.”

“Good, now, I think that-“

“Hey,” Danny’s voice interrupted what Zoey was saying as he appeared in front of us. “Wow, those are some strange pants.” He laughed, eyeing Zoey’s pants. He was right, they were quite strange- they were skinny jeans and kind of black, but they were splotched with different types of patterns like stripes and diamonds. Her top was a black lace studded bustier that exposed a few inches of her mid-section and her shoes were black and weird-looking with the Hollywood sign scrawled across the side. She had her Burberry brown fringe purse with her and she was just very miscellaneous today.