Imagine for live_for_bands (5SOS)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I sit at the table and grab a pancake, but end up just cutting it up and moving it around, then stand up to throw it away. "Is that all you're going to eat? You barely touched your food, and it's your favorite. Are you feeling okay bug?" Jack asks and he goes to feel my forehead for a fever. I quickly move away, and get irritated. "I'm fine! I'm just not that hungry right now. Can we please just go shopping already?" I asks and my brothers just give me a look. "Don't give us that tone young lady. We just wanted to make sure that you're okay. We just care about you and want the best for you", Luke says and I look down at the ground ashamed. "I'm sorry Lukey", I say and he quickly pulls me into his arms and gives me a hug. "It's okay little sis. We forgive you. Now, let's get going, but you are going to eat a good lunch, you hear", Luke says and I nod my head in his chest, then we get going.

We get to the mall, and by this point, I'm gritting my teeth from how much pain I'm in. My stomach seriously feels like someone is burning it from the inside out, and I'm on the verge of tears. Honestly, I don't care if my brothers get too overprotective, because at this point I just want the pain to go away. We are walking around the mall, and I'm in my own little world of pain, when I can feel Ben's hand in mine. I look up and see worry in his eyes. "Roo, I've been trying to get your attention for a minute now. Are you sure you're feeling alright?" he asks, but at that moment, I get light-headed and the last thing I see before I pass out is Ben catching me and Jack and Luke running over.

Ben's POV:

We are walking around the mall, when we pass Bath and Body Works. This is Brooke's favorite store, and she didn't even say anything about wanting to go in. Something's not right, and I'm going to get to the bottom of this. "Roo, did you want to go into Bath and Body Works? Roo? Brooke?" I try to get her attention for a solid minute, but it's like she's in her own little world. I reach out and gently grab her hand in mine and she looks up at me. "Roo, I've been trying to get your attention for a minute now. Are you sure you're feeling alright?" I ask her, but I can see something is off. Before I can ask anything else, she collapses in my arms and I quickly catch her as Luke and Jack come running up. "What the hell happened!? Jack asks as he starts checking her pulse and Luke checks her breathing. "I don't know. She seemed a bit off and when I asked her about it, she collapsed" I tell them as I feel her forehead. "Guys, she has a really high fever. We need to take her to the clinic now", I tell my brothers and lift my baby sister into my arms.

We run out of the mall and jump into the car, Luke driving while Jack and I are in the back trying to see what's wrong with our little sister. "Her face is all flushed and her eyes are glazed", Jack says as he pulls back her eyelids. "I think the first thing that we need to do when we get to the clinic is get an IV in her to get her fluids up" I say, as I brush a piece of hair out of her face. Her face is all scrunched up, and she looks to be in a lot of pain, but I don't know where. I wish she would wake up so that she could tell us what hurts we could make her better.

We are about five minutes from the clinic when Brooke starts to wake up. She opens her eyes and tears start cascading down her face from the amount of pain she's in. "Shhh bug, everything is going to be okay. We are taking you to our clinic and we will get you better. Can you tell us what hurts though?" Jack asks in a soothing tone as to not scare her. Brooke continues crying in my arms, but points to her abdomen and whimpers, "Please, make the pain go away". It literally feels like someone is driving a stake through my heart after hearing how small and helpless my little Roo just sounded. "Don't worry Roo, we are going to make you better. I promise", I tell her and give her a kiss on the forehead as Jack takes her hand in his and rubs circles on it.

Luke quickly parks the car, and I carry Brooke into the clinic. I set her down on a bed, while Jack grabs the supplies for an IV. We really need to get some fluids in her. Jack comes back a minute later and Brooke sees that he has a needle in his hand. She starts to freak out, but Luke starts singing to her to help calm her down. Jack quickly inserts the needle into her hand and then gives it a kiss to make it feel better. We get her hooked up to fluids and then start the exam to see what's causing her so much pain. "Sis, can you point to the exact area that hurts?" Luke asks and she points to her lower right quadrant of her abdomen.

As soon as we see that we look to one another, and know what's wrong. "Bug, you have appendicitis. We need to get it out as soon as possible or else it could rupture and get you even sicker", Jack explains to her, but as soon as she hears the words "get it out", she knows that we will have to do surgery, and she starts freaking out. "No! Please! Can't you just give me some medicine and cure it that way? Please?" she says shaking her head and trying to get out of bed.

Luke gently grabs her and puts her flailing body on his lap. "Sis, I know it's scary, but this will make you feel so much better. Right now you are in a lot of pain, and none of us like to see you in pain. We will be with you the whole time, I promise. Please let us help you". Brooke looks up at us one more time, then nods her head. We instantly go into action. Luke leaves so that he can get the OR prepped, while I preps Brooke, and Jack get scrubbed up.

Jack's POV:

Out of my brothers and myself, I'm the only one that is a surgeon, so I will be doing Brooke's surgery to get her appendix out. I scrub and gown up, and then go to the operating room where Brooke has already been prepped and ready. "Okay bug, everything will be fine. Luke's going to give you something to make you sleep, and you won't feel a thing. Just relax for me and it will be over in no time", I tell Brooke as Luke gives her something to make her sleep.

Once Brooke's asleep, I get started. "Scalpel", I say and Ben hands me the tool. We decided that Ben would assist in the surgery, while Luke monitors Brooke's vitals and holds her hand to keep her calm. I cut into her lower right quadrant of her abdomen, and instantly see the inflamed body part. "Clamp and suction", I call out and Ben hands me it and suctions the blood away. I clamp her appendix, making sure that it's secured, then ask for the scissors. Ben hands me the scissors and I cut the swollen appendix out. I place it on a tray, and quickly sauter the wound and close her up. We then wheel Brooke to a recovery room and wait until she wakes up.

While we wait, Luke sits on one side of her and holds her hand, while I sit on the other side of her and comb my fingers through her hair, and Ben lays down at her feet. After a few hours of waiting, we hear a small whimper come from Brooke, and see her eyes opening. "Hey Roo, how are you feeling? Are you in any pain?" Ben asks and Brooke nods her head. I grab a glass of water and carefully help her to drink a bit so that she can talk. "Thanks Jack, I'm in a bit of pain, but not nearly as much as I was before. Thank you. I know that I was kind of a pain today, but I love you guys so much", she says. "Bug, we love you too. The only reason why we get so worried about you is because we love you. You are our baby sister and we feel like we need to protect you and make sure that you are safe. We only want the best for you, and we hate to see you hurt", I tell her as I give her some more pain medicine in her IV and lean down to give her a hug. She reciprocates the hug and soon Luke and Ben both join and we end up in a Hemmings hug sandwich.

Once we break apart, Luke pipes up and says, "Sis, you will probably need to be in here for about a week, just so that we can keep an eye on your stitches and make sure that you don't get them infected" Brooke lets out a groan of annoyance, but ultimately nods her head and lets us take care of her. For the rest of the week, we watch movies, play board games, and make sure that Brooke is healing nicely. She may not like it, but we are her brothers and we will do anything to keep her safe and healthy.