Chapter 14 - The truth

Rin's POV

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!" I screamed finally realizing what I have done.

But he's gone... He's gone... And it's all my fault!

No... Len... Why...? Why did I do that?

I know I was furious.... But, we had a lot of fights always... but we've never done something as bad as this. We tried to kill each other. And I did that.

I am sorry! I am sorry... but that won't bring him back to life.

You needed my help, but I wasn't the one who could help you. I was weak. I didn't see how you really felt. I wasn't good enough to be your sister.

I am so sorry... SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY....

My cheeks were wet, I was crying. I haven't cried for a long time. I haven't honestly smiled. Ever since the madness of 'antichlorobenzene' started. Even when Len started acting weird, I still had some real emotions. I felt sadness at least. I stopped feeling anything after the real 'antichlorobenzene's' taking over. I only felt... Rage? Anger? I've only wanted to hurt him.

And I succeded in that.

But I'm not happy.

Oh Len...

*****

Len's POV

I don't know how much time has passed. After the moment when the whater pulled me under its surface, there was only me with my thoughts.
I recalled everything I did to people who were my friends. Why was I such an idiot? I hurted them... But they've never given up on me. I am sorry...
And those eyes of her, that cried every night for me, so much that it made her even insane. I don't deserve such a beautiful sister like her.
I could hear a song in my head. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever thought of. Too bad no one's ever gonny hear it, since it'll die with me as well.

And then I felt something pulling me up, outside the water.

*****

Rin's POV

I've cried so much.

So many memories started floating in front of my eyes.

When we went to this same river and tried to make a boat out of paper - it sank the moment we got on it, and I started drowing, because I couldn't swim. Len pulled me on the shore, although it took him so much energy and he wasn't a good swimmer either.

Or when I stole a candy in the local shop, and Len said it was him so that he would get scolded instead of me.

And when he fought five other boys who bullied me and almost had to go to the hospital after that.

Yes, he was always there to protect me.

But now...

"RIIIN!!!!" I heard shouting.

Who could it be?

"Close the turbins! NOW!!!"

Oh, yes, the turbins.

But now, when Len is no more, why should I care about it?

Well... there are still innocent people who would get hurt if I don't close the turbins...

I pulled the crank that Len tried before. It was hard, I couldn't move it.

Suddenly, a hand came out of nowhere and we pulled togheter. With our united forces, we finally successed. I could hear ghe mechanism closing the holes in the powerplants.

I turned around.

"Luka-san!"

It was her who helped me.

"'Toluene' has helped you after all" she smiled. "I'll untie Kaito, you go down there, somebody's waiting for you!" she winked.

"What? Who's waiting for me?" I was confused. Then I thought of the police. Well, I deserve that after all...

"Just go!" Luka said when I started hesisting whether I should go there or not. "And hurry up!"

I decided to see who it was. It can't be worse than this, so...

I ran down the river flow. I've seen so many crushed trees, and mud was all around. Madness of Benzene made so much damage.

In all that mess, I saw a human figure sitting. I wonder if it's the one that was waiting for me.

I came closer, and then I heard singing. It was coming from that person.

Oh, my god...

"LEN!"

It was really him! He was all wet and his wounds were still bleeding, but he was alive!

I huged him before he could even realize what has just happened. My eyes filled with happy tears - I haven't cried of happiness so much.

"You're alive... You are alive!!!"

He smiled and pressed his forehead on mine. "I am, littl' sis'!"

"I... I can't even..."

But words weren't needed. Our eyes said everything.

"Luka saved you... She saved us both!" I cried again.

"Rinny, I need to show you something!" he said and started singing a beautiful song, so beautiful that I thoguht everyrhing around us became shiny and bright.

"Your voice is back!"

He nodded.

Then we heard police sirens in the distance.

"What should we do? They'll arrest us both!" I said scared.

He huged me again.

"Don't worry. As long as we are together, I don't mind anything else"

I couldn't agree more.

THE END