Chapter 11 - Disappearing River

Len's POV

I've tied up him. Now he won't be able to go anywhere.

And I've put him to hang above the hole of turbins of the hydropower. Now, he'll have a perfect view on the show too.

He started moving, opened eyes and saw me standing on the top of the wall of hydropower. His eyes widened on that sight.

"Wha...?!" he muted when he saw the river under him.

He tried looking at me again. "YOU! What are you doing this time?!"

I smiled in satisfaction. "You'll see"

And I closed the turbins. The empty reservoir started filling with water again.

*****

Rin's POV

I'm walking without any direction that I'm really going in. I hate all of them. Why are they so stubborn to stop my plans?

I was near the quay. I need some quiet place to cool my head down. It won't be easy after everyrhing that happened.

The sound of some fuss among people near the river came to me, then some loud sighs.

I came closer to se what's happening.

"What's the problem?" I asked Galaco, my acquaintance, who was there.

She turned towards me: "Hi Rin-san" she pointed at the place where the river should be: "Look."

I looked where she pointed at.

And... There was nothing. The water disappeared! The riverbed was completely empty. How is this possible?

Everybody around me was confused. But seriously, what could have gone wrong so that this happens? It's not dry season, and even if it was, the river wouldn't dry out. It disappeared so suddenly.

I looked upstream. It has something to do with hydropower maybe... The river wouldn't disappear just like that! Where did all that water go?

Oh.

Don't tell me... It must be him again!

Now I have a chance to get him. I knew where he should be. So I ran there. I have to be faster than anyone else. I must get him before anyone else!

I ran as fast as I could. Into the forest. Following the riverbed.

It shouldn't be so far away. Only a few kilometers.

Today, I'll get my revenge!

After some time of running like that I could see the old hydropower in the distance. I was right, the river was stopped by that.

As I came closer, I saw something tied up on the tree above the place where the river used to flow. It was person.

Wait... What's he doing here?

"Kaito-senpai!" I shouted at him.

He raised his head. He seemed relieved.

"Oh, thank god, Rin-chan!" his happy face changed into worried one. "Be careful! He's here!"

"What are you doing there?!" I knew, Len is here. But, Kaito? Seriously?

"He wants me to watch.... the disaster of the town" he said.

Oh, so, that's the reason.

"Hello, my beloved sister!"

It's him. Standing on the top of the hydropower's walls and watching Kaito and me.

"... or should I say, hello my dear enemy, 'antichlorobenzene'?" he added.

"LEN!!!" I screamed. (How comes I can still speak after all this shouting?)

I pointed finger at him. "THE 'PARADICHLOROBENZENE' IS GOING DOWN TODAY!!!"