Chapter 9: I fucked up

The church grounds hadn't changed in the slightest. The only difference being the stench of smoke and cheap liquor that coated the area thicker than before.

The building itself was probably what had changed the most... the thin ivy vines that once caressed the sides of the building, now completely smothered the brickwork. Like before, there was only one singular stained-glass window still intact, the array of colours casting a pattern into the bland tiles round the back of the building.

Cal was stood in the midst of it all with his back to me. It was taking all my self restraint not to just turn and run, every fibre in my body telling me that this would be a mistake. He hadn't changed much, just the drugs had started to take a physical toll on his body. Although he could probably still take me out with one punch, I'd be lying if I didn't say that he'd gained a few pounds... He also looked somewhat older. Only twenty one yet grey streaks were already visible in his black quiff. As he turned to the side to hand a package to a guy next to him, I caught a glimpse of his eyes, the iris that looked completely black when you looked at it directly. The guy in front of him, supposedly another customer, averting his eyes to avoid his gaze, I didn't blame him.

I waited for the guy to leave before I approached the guy. Partly because I knew I wouldn't stand a chance with both of them but also I knew Cal was more likely to tell me everything once alone...

Using the element of surprise to my advantage I approached him from behind wrapping my arms around his waist and using all my body weight and the shock to tackle him to the ground, he let out a gruff as I made contact with his body, luckily the shock got to him and helped send him toppling towards the tiles.

Adrenaline still pumping through my veins I screamed at him with all I had "HOW DARE YOU, HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!" I attempted to straddle his expanded waist line, pinning his arms above his head so he couldn't roll out from under me. His eyes burning with pure loathing as he recognised who I was.

"You... I've been looking for you..."

I cut him short. Wanting to say what I needed too before I lost the energy that kept Cal on the ground. "I haven't told anyone about the drugs. Why are you still after me? And why him? He's the first friend I've had in years thanks to you guys."

Cal looked up at me in confusion, muttering something under his breath before speaking up "what? What friend? What the hell are you on about?

"But you were the one that posted that video on Facebook?" My voice started to crack with the strain of emotion.

"What video?" Cals rage was becoming more and more apparent and I was running out of time...

"The one where it looked like me and Ben were a couple." Why was he acting so dumb?

"Who's Ben?" He managed to free his left hand.

"MY FRIEND THAT I MAY HAVE LOST BECAUSE OF YOU-wait, you did post the video didn't you?" My voice was barely a whisper as the last of my confidence was ripped from me.

Cal had used this opportunity to get up and away from me, although I was tall next to Cal there was a massive height difference. He was dusting himself off when I managed to speak again "You didn't do it? Who did it then?" I wracked my brain for any new information that could help me, who would do this.... "Oh..."

Kirstie...

"Aww so you got a friend huh?" He seemed to have fully recovered from the shock of the fall now from the tone of his voice... he wasn't pleased.

Realising he was waiting for a reply on my end, I mumbled a quick response "Well not anymore."

"Shame, well at least nobody is going to miss you."

Placing his fingers in his mouth, Cal released a shrill sound which brought about ten other drug abusing teens from the trees and from inside the church.

"You have saved me from a lot of looking ya know?" He cracked his knuckles together, wincing slightly as he realised one hand had been damaged in the fall.

"I haven't told anybody, nobody knows anything, please I promise I will stay quiet" I whimpered and slowly tried to walk backwards away from the group, a breath hitched in my throat as my hand made contact with the Ivy coated walls of the church. I cursed under my breath as the group quickly cornered me.

"Hahaha how cute, the thing is bitch, I know you won't tell anybody, it's just the fact you never followed my orders, you need to be disciplined. But I'm way past pleasantries, I want to see you in pain."

My eyes widened in fear as I crouched into the corner trying to shield myself best I could ready for the pain I was about to encounter.

"Your so weak, just like your pathetic brother." Wait... what? I stopped trying to hide myself then. Had I heard him right? He said brother.

"I never told you I had brother." Cal stumbled back slightly noticing his slip up, but I couldn't wait for an explanation... seeing they had let a gap open up I launched myself through and sprinted away.

I had no idea where I was going just away from them. The screams of Cal ordering the group after me still ringing in my ears. However there were much more important things on my mind now...

He knew about Jack and that I had to Find Ben.