Chapter 1: Tabloids

"So, it is finally official folks. The famous fashion designer 'Miss Sangavi de Silva' is engaged to the hot and handsome business magnate 'Elijah McCoy'. This isn't the first time that an arranged marriage is happening to unite two powerful business empires, but but but.... This particular wedding is something different. The age old rivalry of De Silva's and McCoy's is not unknown to anyone, so what made them suddenly forget everything and shake hands in tuxedos? Is there an ulterior motive behind this union? Will the young couple survive this wedding? And by the way what about the super models whom Elijah dated all the while? Is Ms. de Silva kind enough to ignore them as well?

If so, then I am sure she wouldn't mind knowing that her fiancé Mr. McCoy was seen at the Plaza last night with the super model Katrina Wilmer. By the looks of this picture, they seem pretty close.

So, what about the wedding? Is Mr. McCoy not serious about this wedding? Or is....

Sangavi switched the television off before she broke it with her bare hands. "Sang!" her friend Kaya called her in a low voice. She never saw her friend lose her cool like this and she was scared that the target of her friend's wrath doesn't turn towards her.

"What?" Sang snapped.

"Nothing", Kaya whispered, "You seem upset" she added looking unsure,

"Upset?" Sang spat the word as if it was a ridiculous thing, "I am furious. I can actually kill someone right now", she said and got up from her bed hastily and walked out of her room.She knew he didn't give a damn about this marriage or her but could he not look at it from a woman's point of view and just forget the hatred he has for her. She was hurt but she didn't want to be.

Kaya sighed, she knew that this was gonna happen. She was an eye witness of Sang and Elijah's rivalry. She was in the same high school and knew them very well even though either of them weren't her friends. She was not popular like both of them, so she never got noticed by either of them, until one day she bumped into Sang at the library and they instantly clicked. Both having common Indian origins helped them to bond easily and soon they became best friends.

It was their combined idea to start a fashion line, and soon their line became one of the happening trends in the world. Sang's parents were pretty upset about her going into Fashion instead of joining the business, but nevertheless they supported her throughout the journey.

She didn't want to witness another fight between Sang and her parents but being the best friend, she had to support her friend. No matter what the world thinks, Elijah was an 'A' class jerk and a huge player. There was no way in this world, she would let her best friend get married to him. He may be drop dead gorgeous with a body of a sex god and rich, but they were the only positive qualities. At the end of the day, Sang will have to live with the person, not with his looks or money. So, she reluctantly got up and trailed behind Sang to the lawn where her mom was having her evening tea.

"Why mom? Why? Am I really just a business deal to you, that you are marrying me off to this ass hole?" Sangavi asked throwing the newspapers on the table, almost on the verge of tears.

Alina de Silva, the woman known for her etiquette, glamour and elegance. If Damian de Silva is the king of Hotel Industry then Alina was his queen. Literally, they rule the Hotel Industry and everyone considered them royalty.

She picked up the newspapers where Elijah's photo was splattered across the headlines, where he was spotted with a model. Her brow crinkled for a minute, which she covered quickly masking a blank expression.

"Mom?" Sang cried impatiently, waiting to know why her mom and dad are doing this to her. As far as she remembered, they were the best parents in the world. Never denied her anything, even if it was something they didn't approve of. But now, they were her enemies. Not that she hated them, but yes, they disappointed her greatly.