Lets Call It a Match.

We had been enemies since the fourth grade when he had kicked Veronica Millers in the shins, After that It was anything he could do I could do better.   We competed against each other whenever possible, spelling-bee?  Liza versus Jeff.  Soccer Legue?  Liza versus Jeff.  School fundraiser?  Liza versus Jeff.   By the 6th grade people started taking sides.    Most of the girls followed me, and most of the guys followed Jeff, there were a few odd ends but otherwise school mainly revolved around me and Jeffs riviralry.   The thing was, it was an open fight, any-one could join in, in 7th grade Jeff beat me in a handball game.  That was basically the start of world war three.  From that day on we showed no mercy, I hated Jeff and he hated me.  We would do anything to destroy each other.    That posed as a bit of a problem though, in every school event somehow me and Jeff's feud would come up, Girls would beat boys up at school carnivals, boys would fight them in return, and even when Jeff and me werent fighting our supporters felt like it was their duty to taunt the other team.  And so my story begins, on a fair may day when me and Jeff have just turned 16. 

"The school fair is coming up."  Maddie said.  "Do you have a plan of action?"  Maddie was sort of like my agent, she planned how we take down Jeff's boys and I carried the plan out.  "That's your job Maddie,"  I said smiling at her.  "Besides if it was up to me I'd leave them alone and wait for Jeff to apoligize."  Veronica gave a bitter laugh.  "He's not gonna say sorry Liza, get over the non voilence thing."  I sighed and shrugged, Veronica was the agressive second in command, if I had cold feet she would make me go on.  "Besides if  we pound them this year we'll have surpassed them by 25 points."  again I shrugged.  "We have 24 points on them at least let them get one."  Veronica shook her head.  "Thats not how it works Liza,  We have to win this to show the girl they can still count on us!"  Maddie, for once sided with Veronica.  "And were down on points, even one point can make a differnce Liza."  Points, were, a way to keep score to see how many times you schooled the other team.  "I guess so."  I said reluctently.  "We're gonna blow em away."  I said.  Veronica smiled.  "Gather the girls, we're gonna hit 'em hard this year."