Chapter 3

Charlotte had found me and apologized for storming off and I had forgiven her. Now we were walking down the hall, we had just endured one of my new least favorite classes, History. The teacher was annoying and he was a very rude and mean little man.

Luckily, school was over and we could go home and do it all again tomorrow. We stepped out into the fresh air, I outstretched my arms and started twirling around in the sun. Charlotte laughed at my display before joining in. We eventually twirled right into each other and fell on the ground.

"Having fun?" Cole stood above us looking down. He was just about to say something else, when someone from across the schoolyard called him over. Charlotte and I both looked up to see a tall girl with dark brown hair and a fancy dress going down to her knees. The girl seemed to strut over like she was on air. She strutted right up to Cole then just stood beside him, like that was her place.

He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek then turned around, putting his arm around her, they both walked away. Charlotte gotup from the ground and brushed off the dirt on her. She said a quick goodbye and left, leaving me, sitting on the ground.

I sat there for a while not moving or talking. Eventually, a tall boy with blonde hair walked over and started looking right down at me.

"Are you so stupid, you don't even know how to get up?" His tone was teasing and slightly annoyed.

"Are you so stupid,that you don't know how to mind your own business?" I got up to look him in the eye, seeing that he was just a bit taller than me.

"Hey look, you do know how to get up!" Who the hell does this kid think he is?!

"Yeah, now why don't you show me you know how to shut your mouth?" If he wanted a fight, he was going to get one.

"Oooh, someone's feisty" he shot me a look like he dared me to do something, "You know I'm just messing with you? Right?"

"More like annoying me." He laughed at that and shook his head .I'm so done with whatever this kid is doing.

"I'm Ian and you are?" He looked like he was testing me or something.

"Emma." I responded harshly.

"Cool, see you around Emma" and with that he was gone.