Chapter 3

Ty's POV

After talking to Dane for about an hour, we decided to head back into the school and seeing as we were already very late I grabbed my bag and headed to the bathroom. On my way there I see the wrestling coach who notices me.

"Ty, what's up man? There's practice after school and I need you to take over for me so I can grab a sandwich." He says walking up to me. I laugh and nod my head. 
"Yeah I got it. Run the usual or different take downs?" I ask walking towards the bathroom.

"Usual till I get back." He says before walking away. I walk into the bathroom and put my bag on the door. I open it and grab the journal and open it so I can continue reading.

"... to be honest, highschool isn't all that swell. It's only boring. I got a bunch of homework already and it sucks. Jade and Sky are already planning for homecoming and I have no idea what I'm gonna wear. When I tried to talk to Lindsey she looked at me as if I was some, disease going to kill her. It's been one day, not even, and she's already a whore."

I finish reading and flip to about the time of soccer season for girls. As I go to read more I get a text from Dane.

Dane- Hey are you skipping practice?

I laugh out loud and start typing back to him.

Me- Me, skip practice, yea right

Dane- it was just a question lol. Just wanted to know if you were gonna go check on Ez

Me- Nope. Why would I

Dane- Because you like her

I clench my jaw and roll my eyes. I don't like Ez like that. I never liked Ez like that.

Dane- And don't act like you've never liked her

Well, too bad Dane. I put my phone in my pocket once I hear the bell ring and I put the journal in my bag and zip it up before I walk out. I push open the door and bump into someone.

"Sorry, my bad." I say to the person. Dane looks up from his phone and gives a cheeky grin.
"Well it was your fault." He says laughing. I roll my eyes and we walk to the gym.

"So I see you ditched class my young friend." He said putting his phone in his jean pocket. We push open the gym doors and go straight to the locker room.
"You're only 5 days older and yeah, I did." I said as we entered the locker room.

The male gym teachers are sitting in their office that's connected to the locker room. I walk over to my locker and change into basketball shorts and an old t-shirt.
"Alright guys lets go out there." Coach Ross says walking out of the office with Coach  behind him.

"Hey coach." I say as we walk out. He turns around and sees me before smiling.
"Ty Baxter. State champ since freshman year." He says causing a big scene. I look around and see the girls all giving me lovey looks.

"Ya know, it's not that big of a deal." I say walking over to all the coaches who just roll their eyes.
"Ty, you're the only undefeated wrestler here. You haven't been beaten since well, ever." Coach Ross says patting me on the back.

I give a crooked smile knowing good and well I'm not undefeated. I've been beaten countless times. Just not at school.
"I mean yeah I haven't been beaten but it's not a big deal." I say as they tell everyone to run.

All the coaches laugh and Coach Banks pushes me to run.
"It's a huge deal kid. Now get running." He says while all the coaches laugh. I start jogging around trying to find and catch up to Dane.

"Who are you lookin for?" I hear his idiotic voice say. My head snaps in his direction and he's just smiling.
"You, you idiot." I say smacking him in the back of the head.
"Ouch. Chill out ya ape." He says rubbing where I smacked.