Chapter 2

Ty's POV

I opened the book and inside I saw what looked to be a diary entry.
"Holy shit this is Ez's diary." I say to myself. Maybe she wrote down what happened when she left school. I looked at the date on the page and it read the beginning of freshman year.

"Dear journal thing,
It's the first day of highschool and I'm so excited to spend it with Ty. We've been best friends since, forever. Nothing and I mean nothing can tear us apart. I made two new friends! Their names are Sky(Skyler) and Gemma. Lindsey went full blown whore though. She blew me off to go hang out with Zach Lutz. Not saying he isn't completely gorgeous but Ty is way better looking."

Woah. I didn't know Ez had a crush on me. Well she didn't say those exact words but she said I was attractive which is good enough for me. Ya know what why do I even care though. That's the real question. We were just friends.

Were. The fact that I have to say we WERE just friends kills me. I look back down and re-read the line over and over again.

Ty is way better looking.

Did she actually think I was attractive when we were younger? I shake my head clear of the thought and close the book before continuing my walk to class. I walked into biology and went to my desk as soon as the bell rang.

The teacher, Mrs. Montgomery, walked in happier than a kid getting ice cream.
"Why are you so happy?" Some girl at the front asked. All the teacher did was lift her hand and everyone saw a huge diamond ring on her ring finger. All the girls squealed and ran up to the teacher.

I just rolled my eyes and put my head down on the desk and took a great dreamless, non drama filled, nap. This is how it went all until lunch. Once the lunch bell rang I went to the table where I usually sit with Dane, Aaron, Nick, Talia, and Jenny.

"Hey Ty did you see Ez was back!" Aaron said munching on a burger. I simply nod and listen to their conversation about how hot Lindsey was compared to Ez back in the day and how Ez got way hotter.

All of a sudden the cafeteria got quieter, not a dead silence but it dropped a few levels. I look up from my food that I've been playing with and see that majority of the students in the cafeteria staring in one direction. I turn my head and see Ez with headphones in and looking down, unaware that everyone was staring, she walks straight into the middle of the lunch room.

She looks up from her gaze that was locked onto the white floors. She looks around and sees people staring at her. You can see her visibly shrink under the gazes and all of a sudden food goes flying right at her. It hits her smack in the face.

The pudding falls from her face to the floor and next thing I know, there's food flying from every direction right at Ez.
"Whore!"
"Slut bag!"
"Cunt!"
The names kept going on as she stood there getting food thrown at her.

She finally breaks and runs out of the room leaving a trail of food. I go to stand up when I'm engulfed in a hug.
"Oh Ty! Did you see the look on her ugly face? It was PRICELESS!" Lindsey says laughing.

I stay quiet and when she looks at me I smile and give a fake laugh.
"You aren't going after her, are you?" She asks while tilting her head. I shake my head no and give a nervous laugh.
"No of course not. I'm just gonna go for a walk." I said detaching her from my body.

She winks and waves before turning and walking away with her hips swaying. I roll my eyes and casually walk out of the cafeteria. Once I'm out of sight I start to jog trying to catch up to her using the puddles of food of different types as my guide. Once I'm outside I look around and spot a body at a black Jeep Liberty.