Open gym

( this video is of Maddie and her friends of at the open Gym)
Mean while after school Maddie walked along the path that lead to the school gates and walked down slowly looking down at her feet. Maddie glanced up to see her grandmother already waiting in the car,she swallowed and walked towards the car and climbed into the passengers seat.
" Hi grandma" Maddie said climbing into the seat and closed the door behind her.
" Hey sweetheart, how was school?" Maddie shrugged " school is school but, cheer practice on the other hand was amazing the squad love my new routine" Maddie squealed.
" I'm glad, listen I know you have fallen out with your mother and we both have suggested you need some time a part so, we have decided to let you stay with me for a little while" Maddie was silent for a few moments " awesome so I can live with you and not her?" Maddie cheered.
" for a little while yes but, I am not happy with the way you have been treating your mother Maddie, after all she is doing everything she can to give you the best things in life  you do know that don't you?" Maddie nodded " yeah I do but, she kept my real dad a secret a dirty little secret from me after all this time and I didn't want my parents to get divorced but it happened anyway because of her" Maddie folded her arms a cross her chest.
" Maddie, you can't blame your mother for the divorce and it was in no way your fault and like I said your mother was and is still doing everything she can to keep you happy and it is killing her to see you like this so,.....angry at her"
" ugh can we just stop talking about it please! and can we just go now!!" Maddie glanced out the window feeling a single tear slip down her cheek.
Joan started the car and headed back to her home and the ride was a silent one with Maddie looking out the window watching the world flash by.
They eventually pulled into the drive way " here we are home sweet home" Joan said turning off the ignition.
" great" Maddie said sarcastically getting out the car and slamming it closed behind her and rushed through the front door.
Joan sighed as she got out of the car, locked it and headed to the front door to see Maddie's shoes dumped by the front door.
"Maddie?" Joan said closing the door behind her
Maddie didn't answer so, Joan headed to Maddie's room which was the room she usually used when she stayed.
Joan knocked on the door "Maddie sweetheart" she heard a faint answer but, she opened the door.
" go away" Maddie snapped.
"Look I know your upset sweetheart but, I don't like the way you speak to your mother after all she is doing her very best for you and I know she loves you so much and it hurts her when you treat her the way you do" Joan walked round to sit next to Maddie and wiped away loose strands of hair that covered her tear stained face, Maddie sniffed.
" you always choose her side, I literally have no one who really cares for me, I used to have Lacey but now even she's given up" Maddie said wiping away the tears that slipped down her cheeks.
" I care for you, Lacey does and so does your mother and father so, don't ever think like that again, it's just your attitude and yes I know you saw a lot of things between your parents and you and Lacey were the walls that always kept out the hurt" Maddie nodded.
" I guess I'm still mad at her for not being there all those years and always missing important things like cheer competitions, Lacey's horse riding competitions and stuff, do you have any idea what's it's like to have to explain to friends why my mother can't come and see me cheer??, you have no idea, it hurts and makes you feel unloved and not important enough" Maddie said raising her voice.
" look I know your upset and I know your mother is trying her best to capture what she lost and I know she regretted and blamed herself for missing those things, many of nights I've had her crying in the phone because she missed things"
" really?" Joan nodded.
"Okay let's leave this for now , how about I spend some quality time with my eldest granddaughter?" Maddie sat up " I'd love that" Maddie wiped her eyes.
" good, what do you want to do?" Maddie thought about it for a second " I want to go to an open gym where I can forget about things and tumble and you can watch me as I don't think you've seen me tumblr have you grandma?" Joan shook her head " no I don't believe I haven't, let's go" Joan said getting up off the bed.
" what now?" Maddie beamed and Joan nodded
" okay, let me get changed first" Maddie said almost jumping off the bed.
" okay, I'll be down stairs" Joan said heading to the door " okay" Maddie said calling out to her grandmother.
Once Maddie was changed she rushed down stairs to her grandmother who was waiting in the living room.
" ready?" Maddie nodded " let's go" they headed to the open gym where they pulled into a parking space and Maddie practically ran to the door with Joan following behind.
Maddie was a regular at the gym so they knew her and she had a lot of friends at the gym.
" okay, Maddie love I'll sit over here with the other parents okay" Maddie called out to her grandmother " okay", I'll start warming up" Joan took a seat next to a friendly lady who smiled.
Maddie warmed up with a few friends before she did any tumbling, joan smiled and watched as Maddie laughed and stretched with her friends.
" grandma,are you ready I'm gonna tumble now" Maddie said rushing over to Joan wit a huge smile on her face " of course I am" Maddie rushed back over to her friends and did a large tumbling sequence which was a round of back hand spring full twisting layout and continued to tumble with her friends and did toe touches, herky and pike.
Joan watched in amazement as her granddaughter threw herself into positions she didn't think we're possible and it did cross her mind Wondering if Megan saw her daughter doing this.
Once it was time Maddie rushed over to her grandmother worn out and out of breath.
" what did you think?" Maddie asked bending down placing her hand on her knees to get her breath back.
" you are amazing Maddie, I didn't think anyone could bend like that,fancy going to pink berry?" Maddie's eyes lit up.
" omg ermm yeah" Joan chuckled.
They parked and walked into pink berry and ordered a ice cream with sources and sprinkles galore.
They sat down  " thanks for taking me to the gym and here grandma I've had the best time" Maddie smiled
" I'm glad you enjoyed it, I certainly have and think we should do this often with Lacey" Maddie nodded.
" I'm gonna text Lacey" Maddie smirked.