The second date

"Are you really sure you can raise another man's baby? I mean it's such a big responsibility," Megan asked pulling out of the kiss and looked into Todd's blues eyes.

"Of course I am and I wouldn't have said yes if I didn't mean it, we can do it together" Todd took Megan's hands in his and looked directly at Megan "How about we go on proper date then?" Todd asked.

"I would love to" Megan said smiling.

"So, How about I swing by later on round about 8ish and then I can't take you somewhere real fancy and I will try my best not to spill my drink on you again but the activities that happened after... I can't promise anything" Megan slapped Todd lightly on the arm and chuckled.

"Listen Megan, I will stand by you and support you all the way, I hope you know that" Megan smiled and placed a soft kiss upon Todd's lips.

"How's my patient doing?" Megan looked at Todd's eye seeing the bruising slowly come to the surface.

"I'm so sorry you got caught up in that with Tommy, he's never done anything like that before but, never mind that I have my very own knight in shining armour" Megan placed light kiss on Todd's slightly bruised eye brow but, he winced with pain "Sorry, I just wanted to kiss it better" Megan smiled and placed the ice pack back on Todd's slightly swollen eye.

"It feels better already, it must be nice being one of your patients seeing you all day long, I for one wouldn't mind, do all your patients get this much attention or am I special?" Todd winked at Megan with his other eye and Megan smirked.

"Not all my patients get this much attention from me but none of them is as handsome as you," Megan giggled. Todd thought to himself God how much he loved that laugh and wanted to hear it all the time.

"I better go, I have a date tonight with this handsome lawyer," Megan said getting up out of the chair. Megan placed a light kiss upon Todd's lips.

" That's so funny because I have a hot date with a hot neurosurgeon, you might know her " Todd said with a smirk played upon his lips , Todd took Megan's soft and delicate hand that saved lives on a daily basis in his as they walked to the front door.

They said their brief goodbyes and Megan headed home. The drive home Megan could feel the excitement and butterflies in her stomach at the thought of seeing Todd again. She had not felt excitement like that in a long time.

Megan walked into the house and shut the front door behind her "where have you been?" Joan asked placing her hands on her hips.

"I was out, I don't remember agreeing having to give you updates on my whereabouts," Megan said frowning.

"Tommy came round earlier asking for you"

"I know I saw him in town"

"He was rather persistent; I hope you told him it's over"

"I did and well I bumped into Todd whilst Tommy was trying to catch up with me after I walked away and well.... Tommy Hit Todd" Joan gasped placing her hand over her mouth in shock.

"Well Is Todd alright?" Joan asked

"Yes, Todd is fine and he will live. I chose Todd over Tommy mom and I told him everything and he has agreed to help me raise Tommy's baby" Megan smiled at the thought and Joan smirked seeing the loved up look that was upon her daughters face when Todd's name was mentioned.

"Oh Megan darling, I am so happy for you because you couldn't have picked a better man to settled down with" Megan smiled and Joan placed her hand on Megan's arm giving it a slight squeeze.

"Todd is taking me out on a proper date so, I better get ready" Joan smiled as she watched Megan walk away with a loved up look upon her face.

"Megan darling, how about I throw one of my famous parties at the country club where you can show Todd off to everyone, that guy is definite arm candy and not to mention eye candy too"

"Mother!" Megan gasped in shock; Megan chuckled and shook her head as she walked up stairs. She could not believe her mother sometimes.

"So that's a yes then darling?"

"Yes Mother whatever," Megan yelled back from the top of the stairs.

Megan walked into her room dumping her handbag on the bed, headed over to her wardrobe, and started rifling through her options for her date with Todd.

"No, that's too much... No, that's not dressy enough," Megan, said taking a couple of dresses out only to put them back.

Megan was about to give up when she saw the red lacey dress that would hug her in all the right places and show of her curves nicely, she thought taking it out and held it up to her body and looked in the mirror.

"That's the one," Megan said happy with her choice.

"Now, only to find the right shoes" Megan said closing the wardrobe and hanging the dress up in front and walked over to her shoe closet.

"No, way" Megan said chucking a pair of shoes across the room.

"Too low, not high enough... definitely not" Megan sighed seeing that she had only one option left.

"Perfect" she said taking her favourite black Channel 6 inch heels out of the shoe closet.

"Oh How I have missed you" Megan said holding the shoes close to her.

Now, that Megan was confident with her choices so she took a long and much needed soak in the bath. Sighing contently as she let the warm water wash over her she shut her eyes and let the stress from earlier on today with Todd and Tommy slowly drift away.

Megan was soon out of the bath feeling relaxed and excited for her date with Todd, which was just over an hour's time.

Megan sat on her bed in her dressing gown with her wet hair in a towel, which she was going to dry and style in the minutes but she remembered the stuff she bought from the baby shop earlier.

"Guess what sweetheart, Mummy brought a few things today and I saw daddy too and he is taking me out on a date tonight," Megan whispered to the baby as she placed a hand over her stomach and rubbed it gently.

Megan took the baby clothes out of her bag, hung them up in her wardrobe, and smiled seeing the size difference against her clothes.

Megan looked at the clock seeing that it was time for her to get ready so she put on her red dress that still fitted her perfectly at the moment and dried her hair and styled her luscious red locks in to lose curls and applied her make-up. Once Megan was happy with her appearance, she put on her high heels, looked into the mirror, and checked to make sure that she looked perfect before she left her room.

Meanwhile Todd pulled up into the drive away, knocked on the door, and waited for it to be opened. Todd fiddled with his tie making sure that it was straight.

"Todd, nice to see you, please come in" Joan said opening the door to see Todd had a rather badly bruised back eye.

"Good to see you again Joan" Todd kissed Joan on the cheek and walked into the house just as Megan walked down the steps.

"Wow" Todd said looking Megan up and down as she carefully walked down the steps.

"Megan you... look beautiful," Todd said never taking his eyes away from Megan.

"Thank you" Megan blushed "you don't look bad yourself" Megan winked looking at Todd in a rather smart suit as she reached the bottom step.

"Shall we?" Todd held out his arm for Megan to take as they left the house leaving a rather pleased Joan behind as she watched them leave the house, it made her happy knowing her daughter had her life back on track.