Welcome To The Jungle

Start from the beginning

With only an hour to spare, we began shuffling through every clothing item we had. I didn't realize how much I wanted to let loose  until this moment.

"What are you wearing?" I yelled across the hall.

In seconds Piper ran out into the hallway holding a silky purple dress and a pair of black ripped jeans.

"Are we trying to look dateable or crazy?" She asked me.

"Wear the jeans." I insisted.

She shuffled back into her room as I went into mine, grabbing the first pair of ripped up blue jeans I could find.

I did my usual "jean-dance" as I tried to pull them up right.

After minutes of searching, I found a white, baggy sweater that River had left over a few months ago.

It'll have to do, I figured.

-

"Come on Piper, we gotta go." I said to her. Quickly she came into the living room, wearing almost the exact same thing as me.

We shared a long stare for minutes.

"Well, one of us is going to have to change." Piper insisted, crossing her arms.

"Well it's not me." I shot back.

"And it's not me." She answered.

I sighed and began walking downstairs, knowing she'd follow after me. No way either of us were going to change; we're way too lazy for that honestly.

We headed down to the Viper as usual. It seemed as if we barely needed to think of where we were going anymore, it was like our feet just guided us.

The line into the club reached down the street;
I'd never seen it so busy.

Piper and I shuffled to the front of the line. Thankfully, Connor was standing outside. He sent us a small nod as he let us in, completely ignoring the hundreds of people waiting in line.

-

Led Zeppelin blared through the loud speakers as I snuck through the mosh pit crowd to our designated booth.

River, Flea, and Keanu were already seated. With them were 2 men and 1 girl, both extremely unfamiliar.

River smiled to me and scooted over, allowing me to sit next to him.

"I like the shirt." He joked, realizing it was his.

He kissed me quickly and then continued into his conversation.

The girl and I made eye contact for a few moments until she smiled to me, holding out her hand.

"I'm Ione." She introduced.

I tried to seem as friendly as possible as I shook her hand across the table.

"Carmen." I replied.

River put his hand on my shoulder and pointed to her.

"She was one of my costars in Jimmy Reardon." He explained. "Ione, this is my girlfriend."

She raised her eyebrows to me and smirked, allowing only her and I to see.

"Quite interesting." She answered. "I'm sure we'll get along just fine."

I sent her a quick smile and stayed quiet as the boys' returned to their conversation.

-

After a while of discussing Van Sant's new project, Flea got up.

"Well, my lady and I are about to get some drinks." He said, helping Piper up.

It was so obvious how much they liked each other. It almost drove me crazy.

River must have been able to read my mind as he spoke my exact thoughts.

"Why don't you just make it official, man?" He asked Flea.

All eyes turned to Flea and Piper as he said so; I'm sure they could feel the pressure from all of us.

"You're right, Rio." Flea started, causing Piper and I to exchange surprised looks.

"What do you say, Piper? Let's make this official than, huh?" He asked.

It took a split second for the smile to form on her pretty face. And that smile was an answer enough.

"That's what I'm talking about!" River yelled as the rest of us cheered for them.

I watched, like a proud mom, as they walked away together and disappeared into the crowd.

River than turned to me, smiling.

"I kind of want to get out of here," he started. "I planned something for us."