Imagine for valerie_loves_1D (1D)

Start from the beginning

"Hello? Niall, is that you? What's up? You do know that you're 20 minutes late right? Where are you?" Harry asks through the speaker phone. "Hey Haz, I know I'm late, I'm sorry. It's just when I was waking Valerie up this morning, she had thrown up, and I noticed that she had a fever. That's actually the reason why I'm calling. I'm bringing her in so that we can do a check-up on her and see what's wrong", I say as I watch the road in front of me and carefully drive to work. "Aww, poor baby. Yeah, bring her in. We will take a look at her and see what's going on. I don't want my Val-lie girl sick", Haz says. "Okay, I'm just pulling up right now. Can you come out and help me bring her in? She wasn't too happy when I told her that I was going to bring her in, and I know if you're here, it might help a bit. You know how much she loves her Hazzabear", I say as I find a parking space. "Yeah, no problem. I'm on my way out. See you in a minute", he says and hangs up.

I quickly park, and I can see Harry walking over. I gently try to wake Valerie up and say, "Val, princess, time to wake up. We are going to see what's making you feel icky now". Valerie slowly wakes up right when Harry gets to the car. She sees Harry and whimpers, "Hazzabear!" and holds out her arms to let him know that she wants to be picked up. Harry picks her up and she curls into his arms, already seeming to be content. Harry rubs her back, and says, "I heard from a little birdie that you weren't feeling too good. Let's go inside and the boys and I can make you better. I don't want my Val-ley girl to be sick", and he carries her inside.

When we get inside, Liam and Louis have already gotten a room set up, and Harry and I go back. Harry tries to put Valerie down on the bed, but she's not having it and hangs on to him with all her might in her little sick body. "Ok love. I won't let go. I'm going to be here the whole time, as well as Niall is too. You're safe love, but you have to let us do a quick exam on you so that we can make you feel better, okay. I promise we will be gentle", Harry says as he sits down on the bed with Valerie in his arms. She nods her head a little bit, and Liam comes over. "Hey bug, can you tell me what hurts?" he asks as he kneels down to her level so that he wouldn't be as scary looking. "Tummy and head hurwts, and I'm colwd", she says and Liam nods his head with sadness in his eyes. "Okay bug, I'm just going to take your temperature really quick. Nothing to be afraid of", he says as he gently sticks the thermometer in her ear for a few seconds. She whimpers in discomfort, but Harry and I are right there to calm her down and give encouragement.

Liam looks at the thermometer and says, "You have a pretty high fever bug. It's 102.2 F". He then gets his stethoscope from around his neck and puts it in his ears. "I'm going to quickly listen to your heart and lungs, just to be sure that they sound okay. It might be a little cold, but I'll be fast", he says and puts the bell on her chest to hear her heart and lungs. Again, Valerie whimpers, but this time she starts tearing up. Harry sees this and gently wipes her tears away and we cuddle her even more. A few minutes later, Liam is done and says, "Good job Valerie!" and Valerie gives a slight smile.

Louis then comes over and says, "Sweetheart, I know you don't want to, but we are going to have to feel your tummy to see what kind of ickies you have in you. I will try to be extremely gentle, but you have to lay down for me. Can you please do that for me?" he asks but all Valerie does is curl up more in Harry's arms and cries some more. We all don't like seeing Valerie so scared, and in pain, but we know that the only way for us to make it better is to finish the check-up and give her some medicine.

Harry starts rubbing her back, while I go and get one of the stuffed animals that we keep in the cupboard for kids when they are scared. I grab a teddy bear, and bring it over to her. "Hey Val, I have a very special friend for you. His name is Curly and he's very brave, just like you are. Louis is going to check his tummy first, to show you exactly what he's going to do, okay princess?" I tell her as I hand the teddy to Louis and Louis starts feeling his tummy. "See, that wasn't so bad right? Now Curly was very brave. Do you think you can be brave just like him?" Louis asks and Valerie nods her head.

Harry lays down with her in his lap, and Louis quickly feels her tummy while she holds Curly in her arms. Louis gets to the middle of her tummy and she lets out a hurt whimper and tries to mover Louis' hands. "Ow! Hurwts Lou", she says and he immediately stops. "Okay sweetheart. It seems like you have the stomach flu. We're going to give you some medicine now to make you all better", Louis says and Liam comes over with some medicine. "You have to drink it. It will help your fever, as well as make your tummy and head not hurt", he explains and Harry helps her drink it. "Icky", she says with a sour facial expression, and we all laugh.

Once the medicine is gone, Valerie curls back up in Harry's arms and is just about to fall back to sleep. Harry looks down at her and says, "You know, I think I know what would help you feel better faster", and he leans down and gives Valerie a kiss on the cheek. When Harry pulls back, you can see Valerie's cheeks are now a bright red color, and it's not from her fever anymore. Harry has probably made her day just with that little kiss. Once she gets over the initial shock of it, Valerie curls back up in Harry's arms and falls asleep peacefully. With her Hazzabear close, she sleeps soundly and hopefully when she wakes up, she will be feeling all better.