"...I see." The silence after that felt heavy on both of you. "Well then, we have to make a story about falling in love. Have you ever fallen for someone?"

He was silent for a moment. Suddenly, you saw him take a step towards you. 

"What if I say I have, for the first time, with a difficult girl?" 

You blushed. "Well, we make a song about that." 

"Sounds perfect." He smiled, oh that perfect smile of his that lured everyone closer. 

"U-uh Haruka, you can come in, now." You looked at the door as the girl walked in.  

"Little Lamb, we have decided what we're going for." 

He called her little lamb... And he said he was in love with someone who didn't act like she reciprocated... Damn, was it with you or Haruka? You wished he meant Haruka, really. Right now, you couldn't afford to fall for him, or anyone in Starish for that matter. Though, you couldn't help but feel a little envious. 

"So... how is the melody going to sound?" You hummed in response while looking at Ren. 

"Maybe..." An idea popped into your mind, but you weren't quite sure about it. You walked around the boy and checked him out. 'Stylish', Haruka had said. It could work... "Maybe start with a runway beat. Something that sounds like what you'd play on a runway..."

You quickly went to the piano and sat in front of the keys. Something like four notes, two rests and repeat... Yes, perfect. 

"Oh, that sound great, (Y/N)!" Haruka said.

"Thanks! Come on, we'll do the rest all together." You flashed her a smile. 

"Am I participating in this?" Ren asked.

"Of course! You're the one singing it! You have to like it!"

The boy seemed quite surprised about what you had just said. "Then... we can add on those two rests something like..." he was silent and then sang a small melody in a high pitch "Nana Na, nana Na." 

"Sounds great, Jinguji-san!" Taking your second tablet in your hand, you opened a program and started writing down the partitur. 

"Yes! So maybe we could start the singing later, right?" 

Haruka hummed approvingly. "Maybe it could be with something like this." She played a few notes on the piano.

"I like that! What about you, Mr. Ren?"

"It sounds perfect, little lamb." He was smiling and sitting beside you on the piano. That way, Haruka was on your left while he was on your right. 

"Then we could put something like..." 

And that's how you spent your whole morning. By 1 pm, the melody was completed and everyone was dead tired. Haruka and you waved your goodbyes and you stayed with Ren to start the lyrics. 

"Why don't we discuss the lyrics over some food? I'm starving." You said. 

"Perfect by me."

"Then, let's go." You took your tablet with you and skipped happily to the kitchen, Ren following you with a small smile on his face. You remembered you had seen some precooked food earlier and decided to just reheat it. 

While you were taking the food out of the fridge and putting it in the microwave, you decided to go back to business. 

"I want to get to know you better before we make the lyrics, is that alright?"