Chapter 6 • The Luckiest Girl in The World

Seven twenty am, read the clock which was just the right time for her to get up, get ready and leave. But she didn't want to get up. Her bed felt incredibly more comfortable than usual. There was something warm, almost like a radiator against her back, and it was breathing on the back of her neck. And then it hit her like a sack of potatoes, radiators didn't breath and they certainly didn't have arms. Mirabella opened her eyes, looked down and saw that there was a strong arm around her waist. She turned her head to look over her shoulder and saw Daniel fast asleep. His features were relaxed, his lips lips were glued together, his chest moved up and down and a few strands of his hair fell just over his forehead. He looked even more handsome when he was relaxed.

Mirabella shook her head and she mentally slapped herself. She slowly wiggled herself out from his grip, making sure not to make too much noise. She didn't want to put up with his question if he woke up. She knew he'd ask her where she was going.

In Victory, Mirabella quickly rushed to the bathroom, got ready, and headed downstairs to the front desk where she waited for her taxi to pick her up.

••••

Meanwhile, Daniel was still fast asleep. He had no idea that his bride was gone.

Slivers of light peeped through the drawn blinds, casting thin golden stripes across his face. He squinted in the harsh light and blinked a few times to adjust his eyes to the light. He looked to his side, hoping to see Mirabella still sleeping.

Oh, what just what a surprise did that girl leave for him to find.

Mirabella was nowhere in sight. He chose not to act out immediately. Maybe she was in the shower, he thought, but he didn't hear the water running. He got up and walked towards the sitting area of the hotel room, thinking that maybe she was there, but he only found an empty room.

Daniel changed and got ready before he headed downstairs. Maybe someone at the front desk saw her. She probably went to get breakfast in the restaurant that was inside of the hotel, he thought.

The hotels was already busy. People were walking in and out, some holding the tall glass doors for each other to enter or exit. Some walked to the elevators and some to the stairs, and some were doing the opposite. Daniel scanned his eyes over the people, hoping to catch a glimpse of Mirabella, but he didn't.

So he walked towards the front desk. "Erika," he aimed directly at the girl with brown hair. Erika tensed up by the tone in his voice. Daniel wasn't rude to his employees because they didn't disappointed him. But when they did. Well, they knew to keep their heads down and keep quiet. "You haven't seen Mirabella?" He asked her.

...Erika, if Daniel asks about me just say you didn't see me...

Mirabella's voice rang on her head. She promised not to tell on her, and Mirabella seemed like she was nice. But this was Daniel Rodriguez and he was not just a Mafia Boss, but he was her boss and there is a saying about promises, they're meant to be broken.

"Well, have you?" Daniel pressed.

"Yes," Erika nodded her head, before she told Daniel when she had seen Mirabella and where she was heading.

••••

"Gracias," She said, as she payed the taxi diver.