Buisness Proposal

Start from the beginning

I swallowed nervously almost to scared to ask my next question. "What about my college bank account?"

"We had to use it." Mom shook her head in sorrow.
"I'm so sorry violet." She whispered but I ignored her. It wasnt her fault that money was tight at the moment and we needed the money that we had for bills and money to live off of. I just didn't know how I would get the money back or how I would even continue to pay for college.

Mom continued to talk and talk as we drove to our gated community home but I tuned her out. Once we parked in our garage I hopped out and walked to my awaiting white Nissan maximum parked next to hers. I barely ever drove my car anymore because mom loved to pick me up from the university when I was finished with my classes, it was our thing.

"I'm gonna go see dad." I mumbled when my mom looked at me questionably. I felt bad for leaving her alone when her emotions were so chaotic but I didn't want to be victim of her vicious spasms of anger when I didn't do anything to her. I was hurting too.

It took me a total of 15 minutes to reach Countess hospital across town. I parked in the underground garage and took the elevator up.

The nurses already knew I was Tom Demont's daughter because of my previous visits so they only waved to me when they saw me heading for his room.

I hated hospitals.

The constant color of white could drive me insane if I let it so I never stayed here too long. I don't see how any smart person actually thought the color white in a freaking hospital was a good idea.

It definitely wasn't it was blinding.

Walking into my fathers room I gently pulled back the curtain and watched my father sleep. I didn't see how he could with the constant beeping of the machine next to him or the chatter coming from the hospital hallway, or the fact that he shared a room with another patient who was having visitors.

I sat next to him on a chair by his bed and slipped my hand in his bigger one. It tore me to pieces seeing him like this.

"Hi dad." I whispered even though he couldn't hear me.

"Today was my last day of my first semester." I sighed thinking about how hard I worked at school.
"I'm so happy to have a little break. Well actually, it's not really a break since I have to look for a job now." I felt so stressed thinking about everything in my life getting out of control.

"I don't know how I'm going to finish paying for college because mom is using the money for you and the mortgage." A silent tear escaped my eye.
"Please come back dad I need you. Mom needs you." Realizing my father wasn't going to wake up anytime soon I kissed him on the head and stoop up.
I gave him one last glance and opened the curtain only to jump back and fear. The guy standing in front of the curtain scared me to death and I'm pretty sure he'd been standing behind the curtain for a while, listening to me talk to my dad.

"You scared me." I gasped holding my chest.

"I'm so sorry."
The short man quickly apologized. He held a thick Italian accent to him.

"I'm Eli" he smiled. He was a short guy with jeans and a t-shirt on. From the little stains I spotted on his clothes and his hat with a logo on it I assumed he was wearing his work clothes. I assumed it was something that involved dirt. In fact, I could guess he came here right after he was done whatever kind of job he has. " I've overheard you speaking of money problems, your fathers condition and I thought I'd let you know that I worked with your father"