Chapter the Twenty-Thirdeth: A Broken Heart

Start from the beginning

   "HOW DARE YOU SAY SHE'S YOUR GIRL AND STATE THAT I INSULTED HER?!" squeaked Ra.

  Rayma glanced at each boy's face, anxiety etching deep lines in her teeth. Tragic. She really did have nice fangs.

   "Boys-" she began cautiously.

   "WELL IT'S TRUE," CONTINUED RA AS IF THE RAYMA HADN'T SPOKEN A WORD, "AND YOU ALL KNOW IT!"

   The crowd looked about at each other. No one had really been paying attention to what he was saying, and they weren't quite sure what they were supposed to "all know".

   "Uhh... yah," coughed a man, assuming that Ra's statement probably needed an answer but had no idea what he was answering. "The Ra- er- Sir Ra is right!"

   A chorus of stammering 'yeps' agreed with him, unsure what they were ' yepping' about.

   Rayma's deep orange eyes dulled with heartbroken tears. She was nothing, a nobody. Ra hated her, her people hated her (or so she thought), she couldn't cut Rayan's toe-nails correctly, and... Ra hated her!

   Suddenly, the world seemed like it was closing in on her- the high mountains crowded in like swords with their sharp peaks, the servants swum in and out of focus in their smart uniforms, Ra's gorgeous eyes were daggers piercing her... Rayan's love for her shone like a beautiful evening star... wait... what?

   "I have to go!" sobbed Rayma, and she dashed away, high-heels screeching as she pounded through the inexpensive marble halls of the castle.

  Without even realizing what she was doing, the princess found herself bravely sprinting up the eight and a half stairs leading up to her chambers. She flung open the door, leaping onto her bed. And that was when her heart truly broke.

   In the castle grounds, Rayan could hear the jagged pieces of her aorta quickly snapping away from her superior vena cava.

   "Oh no!" he breathed. "RAYMA!"

   The crowd, which had been buzzing with the murmuring of thousands of people (they had quickly multiplied as the tension grew), quieted.

   "What is it, uh, what's- your- face?" whispered a nearby baid.

   "His name is Raykan, everyone knows that." shouted a mutler a few feet away.

  "Nuh uhhhh!"

   "Yahh huhhhh!"

   "Oh really?" growled one of the cooks. "I know that it's Raymen, and IIIIII should know!"

   This sent the crowd into a hysterical mess, all claiming they knew what Rayan's real name was.