Chapter the Seventeenth A Tummy Ache

Rayma struggled to raise her paw onto the stair.
"Fooood..." She mumbled. "Ohh my rumbling tummy!!!!!"
"RAYMA!" Rayan suddenly appeared in front of her. "Are you dying? Or are you already dead?"
He glanced at her suspiciously.
"You aren't a walking dead dragon from the depths of a ratty Raoolian chasm, are you?"
She stopped her suffering to stare at him.
"No."
"Are you a somewhat dead rat-dragon?"
"No." She replied curtly with a half hearted shake of her large head.
"Ooh!" The knight clapped his hands in delight. "Let's play Twenty Questions!"
"Say wha?"
"Are you an animal, vegetable, or mineral?"
Her presently fiery, pink eyes sparkled with confusion.
"It's a game." He explained.
The royal suddenly collapsed onto the ground.
"RAYMA!" Rayan shrieked as he scrambled to her side. "No! You can't die on me yet!"
The queen giggled from her hiding spot in the hallway. She had been watching the entire scene unfold.
"Isn't this just delicious," she grinned maliciously. "If she's dead, he'll probably die, too. What a tragic romance!"
Unfortunately for the queen, Rayma wasn't quite dead just yet.
"Need... Food..." She uttered weakly.
"I'm on it!" Rayan saluted the dying royal.
"This is one time that I'm very grateful to own my very own insta-grow kitchen and refrigerator." He pondered on his words for a moment. "Whatever a refrigerator is. It sure sounds yummy!"
He dug around in the fluffy pockets hidden deep inside his main chail. (Main chail is a superior type of armor that not only dominates in fashion but holds many handy compartments.)
"Aha," Rayan sneezed triumphantly as he plucked the tiny packet he'd been searching for out of his pocket. "Insta grow... Just add water!
"Instructions these days, so hard to follow!"
Rayma watched from her half-dead state as Rayan courageously dumped the contents of the packet into a nearby pitcher of water.
"That was my sippy cup!" The queen whined softly. "My favorite one, too."
All three of them watched in awe as a dainty little kitchen sprung out of the pitcher.
"I suppose there's not much to watch now." The queen sighed from her unknown location, and she silently tiptoed away on her noisy talons.
"Did you hear that?" Rayan asked as he busily got out cooking supplies. "It must've been the castle rats."
"Yep," the queen whispered. "I'm a palace rat."
Rayma tilted her head to peer into the shadows.
"Mother," she croaked. "Is that you?"
"No!" The queen squeaked then deepened her voice. "'Tis I, Sir Ra!"
"Oh... Honey..." Rayma rasped. "Come... Here..."
Rayan glanced up from his work.
"Rayma I don't think that's-" he began.
"Oh my dear," the queen chuckled hastily. "I have some... important matters to attend to."
Rayma sighed in despair.
"Yep, that's him," Rayan muttered. "Such a selfless guy."
Rayma sniffled loudly.
"I want my Ra Ra." A tear traveled down her cheek.
"No!" Rayan gasped in horror. "Don't be sad!"
He sighed inwardly, thinking of how lovely it would feel to hear her say she wanted her Ray Ray.
"Here," he tossed his food creation onto a plate. "I made you your first favorite egg meal; scrambled eggs with a perfect blend of salt, pepper, and happiness."
"Gimme!" She snarled.
Her voice sounded harsh, but Rayan knew from his experience as a Princess Rayma expert that she was extremely grateful.
"Rayma," the knight suddenly spoke. "Why did you need food so badly?"
"Well," she set down her empty plate and croaked out a satisfying belch. "Sir Ra has put me on a diet. Whatever it is, it makes me really hungry!"
Rayan shuddered. He knew not what a diet was, but it sounded like an evil foe.
"Don't worry, Rayma," Rayan soothed his troubled friend. "I'll get you a snack after each meal you have with him."
She showed off her shiny teeth in a brilliant smile.
"Now," Rayan clapped his hands. "How about we play a good ol' fashioned game of cards?"
The knight knew just how to cheer Rayma up.
"I'd love to!" She leapt to her feet, causing a mini earthquake to shake the castle.
"Rayma," the queen called from her perch on her throne. "A princess doesn't leap to her feet!"
The two friends ignored the queen and started upstairs to the royal game playing chambers.
"OH NO YOU DON'T," the lady's maid suddenly appeared and whapped them both on their glutinous maximuses. "We have to get Rayma ready for the royal hunt this afternoon!"
"Are you sure you want to, Rayma?" Rayan asked. It had been a long day for the princess.
"Anything to spend some time with little Ra Ra." The dreamy look was back in her eyes as she thought of all the food they could eat together.
"Let's hop to it!" The lady's maid screeched.
And they were off.