A Family Walk

I was walking in the forest with my family. This includes my mother, father, little sister, and older brother. We take these walks often, or at least once a week. I loved taking them, mainly because I loved the forest. I love the nature, the animals, and the peaceful sounds.

I guess you could say I basically grew up in these woods. Anytime I was aloud outside, I would come here. I knew every inch of the place, and it was kinda like my second home.

   We were walking to our favorite spot where we usually had picnics. Once we arrived, my father pulled out our blanket we sat on, and my mother brought out the food from our basket. We all grabbed our sandwiches and our drinks before sitting down.

   I usually sat away from my family, though. It wasn't because I didn't want to talk with them, but because every night when we come out here, I hear voices off in the distance. Now I know that makes me sound a little crazy, but it's true.

When we walked out in the forest, I would always hear these three men talking about very strange things. Like today, I can hear them talking about which one of them would get "her". This, of course, freaked me out. Mainly because I somehow just knew they were talking about someone in my family. Which means either my mother, Elizabeth (my sister), or me.

"She's mine. I have watched her the longest, therefore I should get to have her." One had said. "She's too strong to be in your pathetic excuse of a pack. She needs to be in a pack that can match her strength." Another said, which confused me. What were these packs they were talking about? Packs as in wolf packs?. "Oh and you think your good enough to handle her? You might be strong like her, but you couldn't keep her under control. You would only shout at her to train her, which would only make her angry." The first one spoke again.

"At least I would be able to train her. She would have you begging for your life before you could give her her first command. And before you know it, she would have torn you apart and claimed your pack." The second one seemed much more confident with getting "her". "If you two don't shut up, I will personally tear every part of your bodies off, with my teeth." A new voice snapped in. Must be the third one. I said to myself.

The third one scared me. A lot. I mean someone who could rip you apart with their teeth can't be human. There is no way. "Why should we stop? You think you could get her before me? You actually believe you could get her to join your pack before either of us?" The second one snapped back to the third. "I do, actually. I know she would choose my pack over either of yours in a second. Why? You might ask. Because I can make her stronger, keep her calmer, trainer her better, and keep her safer." The third one growled, loudly.

The growl was not human. I knew it. But what really surprised me was that my family didn't hear the growl, at all. "You're on." I heard the first one say again before three enormous figures jumped down from a tall hill. And much like I predicted, they weren't human. They were wolves. They all growled at everyone and it was obvious they were looking over my family and I. The animals watched us until all three saw me. My father saw that they were looking at me and immediately pulled me behind everyone else.

The three wolves didn't like that very much and they all started growling like crazy. "Don't. Touch. Her." The second one snapped. I saw my family's eyes go wide with both fear and confusion. They were obviously wondering why the animals didn't want them to touch me. "Move." The first wolf flared his teeth. My family, like idiots, shook their heads no and kept trying to protect me.

Again, this didn't make the wolves happy. "I'm giving you one last chance, move out of the way." This time it was the third one who spoke up. I heard my brother yell a "no" before pulling me behind him. "Looks like we're doing this the hard way." The first wolf said before leaping off the ground and on top of my mother.

The other two did the same to my father and sister. My eyes were filled with horror and I began to shake. All I could see was blood and flesh being ripped from bones. All I could hear were the screams of fear from my family. I felt something grab my arm and pull me away from the dreadful scene. I finally realized it was my brother that was trying to get me away from the beasts behind us.

He let go of my arm, but we both kept running. My brother looked behind us to see what was going on. Bad idea. He tripped and fell on his face with a thud. It took me a second for my eyes to figure out what has happening. I finally stopped about ten feet away. I was about to rush over to him, but the wolves had caught up to us. Blood was covering their muzzles and it filled their mouths. But the thing was, only Wolf 1 and 2 were there. The third was nowhere in sight.

The sound of screaming filled the air, causing me to look back at my brother. The wolves were tearing him apart. He managed to look at me one more time before yelling. "RUN!" He shouted.

My brain didn't understand the concept of leaving, but my legs did. They ran and ran as fast as they could. I saw the edge of the forest and a bit of hope hit me. That didn't last long. The third wolf had jumped in front of me, causing me to come to a halt. I tried to run in another direction, but they had me surrounded. I tripped onto my back and tried to crawl away, but kept my eyes on them. They slowly walked towards me, growling. I hit a tree behind me. Great. I thought.

I closed my eyes and lifted my arm in front of my face. After a few seconds I felt pain, terrible pain, in three spots of my body. My eyes shot open and I let out a scream. They had all bit me and I was about to die. My eyesight started to go blurry. I noticed all three of the wolves were fighting and clawing at each other just before one more shot of pain went through me and everything went black in a matter of seconds.