Claws Fangs and Nothing Nice

I heard voices all around me. I was lying on my back on a cold concrete floor. Memories of my family came back and a shot of anger filled me. I was going to sit up, but I heard the voices again.

   "When do you think she'll wake up?" A voice said that I had never heard before. "I don't know, but probably soon." Another one said with a soft, concerning voice. This voice I knew. It was the voice of the third wolf that killed family. "What are we going to do?" The first one seemed impatient.

   "We're going to keep her here until she wakes up. And when she does we'll teach and train her." When the third wolf replied, the air was filled with tension. "You have been saying that for almost two weeks!" He shouted with a growl filled with anger. My heartbeat began to rise rapidly. I've been out for two weeks? I thought.

   Somehow both of the wolves had realized I was awake and ran over to me. I felt my back being lifted up and a hand on my cheek. "Come on. Come on." The third wolf said is a scared voice. Yes, I said scared. Was he worried I wouldn't be waking up? I fluttered my eyes open to see a tall man leaning over me. When I looked at him, a smile flashed across his face. I gave him a questionable look as I tried to sit up on my own.

   "It's ok, we won't hurt you." The man had said. It's the voice of the wolf. Fear struck me and I scrambled to my feet. I looked at the two men with wide eyes and disbelief. The man who had the same voice as the wolf had dark brown hair, hazel eyes, with a plain white shirt on and jeans. The other man had blonde hair with green eyes, with a black shirt on that said in white letters, "awesoME" and black pants.

The man, no wolf? I don't know anymore. Still had a huge smile on his face. But the other man seemed to speak up first. "Hello, Nalana." He said. I just stared at him with confusion. I know I never told them my name. I squinted my eyes with suspicion. "You're awake." I snapped my head back to the other one. He still had that smile on his face, and I was determined to smack it off. I no longer had fear in me, but I had rage. A lot of rage.

"You." I said, but it mostly came out as a growl, but I ignored it. His eyes widened with shock. I stepped over to him and gave him the hardest punch I have ever given. I fell back with his hand over his nose. He took his hand away to reveal it was bleeding. I smirked at the very small amount of anger lifted from me. Meanwhile, the other man was laughing his tail off. The one on the ground tried to get up but before it could completely, I decided to kick him where a guy wouldn't want to be kicked.

He leaned back to the wall behind him, while the other man just kept laughing. I really didn't care about the other guy right now, I just walked forward and put my hand around the man's neck. I lifted him a few inches off the ground and he tried to fight me off. Somehow I ended up being stronger than him. He was gasping for air and he tried to push me away. Again, he failed. "Cameron!" He yelled. In that same second, I felt two arms wrap around my waist and pull me away from him. I dropped him at the sudden movement.

   I turned around to see the first man, who I'm guessing was who he called Cameron. "Calm down. It's ok." He said while resting his hands on my shoulders. "How can everything be 'ok' if this thing killed my whole family?!" I lifted my arm up towards the man. "I didn't want to do it. They just wouldn't let me have you, so I had to take you with force."

"But that's the thing! Why do you want me so badly that you had to kill them?!" I could tell Cameron became frightened because he lowered his hand and took a step back. "Because you're special, Nalana. You might not know it yet, but you're extremely powerful." He had one hand over his throat to help with the pain, and the other one stretched out to me to calm me down.

"What does that even mean?! How am I more powerful than you, whatever you are?!" I was becoming even more angry by the second. " I'm a werewolf, just like Cam over there." He pointed over to Cameron who gave a shy smile. "A werewolf? Seriously, that's the best you could come up with?" I say as sarcastically as possible.

"Well technically Shapeshifter, 'cause werewolves can't become full wolf, unlike us." Cameron decided to step in. "You don't seriously think I'm going to believe that are you?" I had become so furious with this crap, I had to dig my nails into my skin to keep me from killing these idiots. "Uhh, Zach, we have a problem." Cameron said to the man while pointing at me. The man, well Zach now, had his eyes wide at my hands. I looked down and noticed I was bleeding. I didn't thing my nails went down that deep...

I looked at my nails, but didn't see them. Instead of nails, I had claws. My turn for my eyes to go wide. My legs started to wobble. I looked down at them to see them getting smaller and, hairier? The same thing was happening to my arms. I fell down onto my hands and knees when everything on my body got hairier. The front of my face began to grow, into a muzzle. My arms and legs became the same length. My hair grew shorter and covered my body. My cloths began to tear and fall off.

My mind couldn't exactly process what was going on. I turned my head to look at a full length mirror and saw an wolf staring back at me. I just stared at the mirror. I didn't feel anything as I looked at the pitch black animal with bright golden eyes. I wasn't shocked at the fact that I was looking at myself, or even the fact that my eyes changed from brown to gold. Somehow this all seemed completely normal. To be honest, it felt awesome. I felt powerful, strong, and determined. I looked at Zach through the reflection of the mirror, and something hit me.

I felt an inter-wolf speak to me. Kill him. It had said. I didn't know why I was thinking this but it sounded right. Kill him. Kill him now. It said again. This time I didn't hold back. Rage consumed me and I attached Zack. Tearing him apart, piece by piece. The strange thing was, I liked it. I liked all of it. I didn't feel bad, he deserved it. I know I shouldn't think like that, but I did. I didn't care.

I had finally finished him off and saw Cameron. Apparently my rage wasn't satisfied yet, 'cause I heard me inner-wolf speak again. He helped him. He helped the man who killed your only family. It said. So, of course, I attacked him. I finished him off and glanced back at the mirror. My eye color had changed. They were blue. I blinked and they changed.

Now they were red.